+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FS/Swap: Audio note p1se signature

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    I've posted really good gear here at silly prices, one item I marked SOLD today as I sold it elsewhere, has taken a year to sell. I once mentioned I might have a 909 for sale and got about 5 PM's and sold it before even having to advertise it.

Problem is, it's valves which are difficult to sell and generally depreciate heavily, its bespoke and it's expensive. I've sold a pricey valve amp for more, but it took a while, and not here. I've bought via audio-markt.de, they have far more listings and coverage than any other site as there are listings from all over Europe, including from the UK. It also appears to me that the Brits are meaner than most when it comes to hifi, the Germans, French and Dutch are overall prepared to spend much more. My £4k valve amp, a guy came over from Paris with a trolley to buy it.
    People look for bargains here, I agree, I don't know about national differences but it is a buyer's market here for all except the rarest and most coveted kit so I don't think it is unreasonable to only buy if it is a very keen price. Especially if you have to collect. As far as AoS is concerned the classified section is provided as a courtesy to members who want to sell or buy. That's it. We are not aiming to be audio-markt or any of the similar for profit trading sites.

I agree that it is odd what does and doesn't sell. We had 2 lots of excellent KEF speakers up for sale earlier in the year, silly cheap, collection only but in London area. Not sure if either even sold at all, or if they did it took forever. That was unbelievable.

Perhaps there is a link between the makes of kit that are often discussed on this site and how quickly a sale will be made. I'd expect, say, a Naim amp to sell more quickly on PFM than here, for example. But I have no data to back that up.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    People look for bargains here, I agree, I don't know about national differences but it is a buyer's market here for all except the rarest and most coveted kit so I don't think it is unreasonable to only buy if it is a very keen price. Especially if you have to collect. As far as AoS is concerned the classified section is provided as a courtesy to members who want to sell or buy. That's it. We are not aiming to be audio-markt or any of the similar for profit trading sites.

I agree that it is odd what does and doesn't sell. We had 2 lots of excellent KEF speakers up for sale earlier in the year, silly cheap, collection only but in London area. Not sure if either even sold at all, or if they did it took forever. That was unbelievable.

Perhaps there is a link between the makes of kit that are often discussed on this site and how quickly a sale will be made. I'd expect, say, a Naim amp to sell more quickly on PFM than here, for example. But I have no data to back that up.
    You are correct. I sold a Naim UQ2 on PFM. Had about 5 offers in a day.

I was only trying to to give Mark some constructive advice.

When I come to sell my son's recently Quickie/Wonfor refurbished Inca Tech Claymore, AoS may be my best best !
    Wilson, Luxman, Innuos, Holo May, Puritan, Garrard

I'm Grant.

its aso true that some folk sell easier than others; if your well known and trusted etc, sure that makes a difference but no postage is a huge disadvantage. Often without it it is just luck that there is someone after it who is nearbye.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

You are bringing your son up in the ways of Box-Swapping. You do honour to your ancestors.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its aso true that some folk sell easier than others; if your well known and trusted etc, sure that makes a difference but no postage is a huge disadvantage. Often without it it is just luck that there is someone after it who is nearbye.
    Sending two 20kg valve amplifiers up North, three boxes insured for £2,000, total shipping and insurance is £75. Probably less than petrol money. Thanks again to HiFi Dave for Pharos recommendation.

Never had a problem with trust, mostly sell to complete strangers.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You are bringing your son up in the ways of Box-Swapping. You do honour to your ancestors.
    The Claymore was his first amp and his last for a long while, as with the rest of the system. He's 20, a music nut and collects vinyl, as does his girlfriend and her dad. Most of his listening is on headphones or our main system. If he is anything to go by, the component audio industry has not got long to live. Same with me, Devialet and Harbeth, end of story. So sadly no box-swapping here !

I'm Mark.

Last edited by Sixty2; 20-11-2017 at 23:06.

I'm Nikolaj.

Sorry, i dont want to be disrespectful, ;-/
    but the price that this very nice amp is offered for, is not that far from what it probably would be possiple to buy from a dealer as a new amp, many dealers offer a large discount or take other gear in as a part of the trade.
    Based on that and on my own experience trading secondhand gear, i think that the price of used gear has to be at 50% or even lower if one wants to sell it on the different secondhand sites.
    i dont Think that it is what it should cost, in a perfect reasonable world, but my experience tells me that it mostly has to be offered at around that price level to get sold.
    Best Regards Nikolaj,

My gear:
    Analog- Kuzma Stabi R, Kuzma 4point11, Audio Note IOII, EAR 324.
    Digital- Auralic Altair G1.
    Amplifiers- Audio Music AM805S, Bent Audio AVC-1 with Silver AVC’s.
    Speakers- Cube Audio Magus.
    Cables Rca- Audio Note AN-V, Bastanis, and some DIY.
    Speaker Cables- Ortofon Reference.
    Power Cables- DIY
    Power Conditioner- PS audio P5

I'm Mark.

Last edited by Sixty2; 20-11-2017 at 23:03.

I'm Lawrence.

Deleted
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 20-09-2017 at 10:44.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast