I seem to recall someone telling me that regulators that were designed to operate up to 100 MHz for digital circuitry were a waste of time as at these frequencies the type and position of capacitors in the circuit power lines were the important issue. The capacitors are important but so is the regulator. I have sold thousands of these regulators, so far, with a 56 day return if not satisfied guarantee. I think people are pleased with the improvements these regulators have made, as they are not being returned. If they were making no improvements I would have a very large box full of rejects by now.

Several of my friends over the years have shown the ability to discern perfect pitch just by listening to a note. They could tell if the note was off pitch by small amounts. In the past our survival in the wild was based on a keen sense of sight and hearing. Being able to judge distance and direction accurately could mean the difference between life, or death, at the hands of a predator. The human brain is a very complex organ that is capable of processing sensory input in a way that focuses on important data and ignores unimportant data. Many have reported hearing signal events buried in the noise floor.

There are plenty of examples of audio equipment with exemplary measurements that do not convey music in a comprehensible way. On balance I will take what I hear over measurements every time.

Regards
Paul