Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The SmartTractor precision alignment tool

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    I drive a tractor every day
    I used to 😀

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    So your getting a tractor mike.. that will be fun.
    Pretty expensive but considering the rest of my investment I'm keen to try it and hopefully check/sort my setup.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    That looks a nice piece of kit.

I have one of these from Proj-ject, does the job for me.

That's a nice looking unit, perhaps not the last bit of accuracy the Smartractor gives, but very darn close! How much does such a thing cost, Chris?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Mine arrives this week, be interesting to see how far out my setup is as I only used my ears and eyes 😉

To be honest I'll be disappointed to find I'm spot on 😁

I'm Mike.

Well, I've used my one and i can only say that it's excellent, took me about 30 minutes to set my Zyx R100h cartridge up on my Mission 774 arm. Really easy to use, took about 30 minutes because the 774 wand is so light that's it's really easy to nudge it slightly and lose your position on the SMARTractor.

I was pleased to see that my BEFORE setup was out, and although it was sounding really good, I was hoping that having bought the SMARTractor that it wasn't perfect.

The AFTER result is superb, although I've yet to try the all the scales (I accidentally chose the A setting that's recommended for post 1985 records, yeah, I read it wrong, I thought I'd said pre 1985 DOH!).

Everything seems so much easier to pick out, Roger Waters Amused to Death LP was tried out and oh boy, it went from being great to phenomenal. Width of soundstage increased, depth increased and everything seems so much cleaner and detailed.

I've not changed it from the A setting yet, standing over the deck kills my back so I've resisted the temptation to try another setting for just now.

If you are a cart swapper at all then this gadget is a must buy, simple to use, gives very easy reading of pivot to needle length, needle alignment from front and the side, and you can also see the azimuth from the side and above too, the only setting it doesn't give is VTA, but I can live without that, my ears are my tool for that.

Not cheap, but I got a great deal from Hugo at Ammonite Acoustics. I use only 1 Cartridge just now with a couple of spares in case of it dying/breaking so it was a big investment for only 1 cartridge, but I figured with the total cost of my TT so up etc, or was really a no brainer, yes it will probably sit in the cupboard for months, maybe years before it's next use, but I know that when I do need to setup a new cartridge, I'll be setting it up correctly 😊

Highly recommended.

Mike.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Rent it out
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Rent it out
    I am/was tempted but thought that was unfair on Hugo who's trying to make a living selling them 😉

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

I use this...

Not really meant for s type arms but ive always had excellent results so bollocks to the doubters
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

id like to try the mint protractor some day,it gets good right ups on the web
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Russell.

Excellent Mike! So glad to hear you were able to appreciate the new setup. Perhaps owning this device will prod you to invest in more cartridges? Now that it's so easy to set them up? That will give you a reason to use it more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast