+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Connoisseur BD1 turntable.

I'm Nobody.

Ah well, no changing my mind with the ADC!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by F307 View Post
    Ah well, no changing my mind with the ADC!
    I should hope not!

If you do have a change of mind, return the cartridge to me: I could do things with it.
    Barry

I'm Nobody.

Don't worry Barry it's not going anywhere.. Where's the best place for replacement styli?

I'm Geoff.

Carole's Needles in the USA. She has ADC new old stock styli. Carole is helpful and very nice to deal with. You can buy from her website and she also sells on eBay.

I'm Nobody.

Thanks Geoff

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Ah, I sold off a couple of Trio KA2000A amplifiers not too long ago. That's the later, but basically similar model to the KA2000, but has the half chrome finish control panel. They are very under-rated amplifiers and sound extremely good, a lot like the first Sugden A21, i.e., very detailed, transparent and clean!

This one you mean? I forgotten where i put it

I'm Geoff.

That's the kiddie. What a nice little amp. Lovely sound quality. One of my best mates has my last one, along with my Rotel RA611 (another goodie). I might twist his arm and get one of them back.

By the way, I read all those Hi-Fi Sound mags you've got there first time around. I've still got the 1973/4/5 annuals.

I'm Nobody.

I had little play about this morning, i was originally going to remove the motor from the top plate, isolate it making it a bit more sturdy mounting in some kind of inbuilt pod but decided against that as i really want to retain the originality of the design although theres always room to improve on things within keeping pretty much to the original.

The Rubber web had broken down like they generally do over the years, but didnt want anymore problems in the future having to replace it again. I remembered back to the old Logic 'Tempo' turntable & how they used 'O' rings to suspend the motor & though that be the perfect answer. As the original 'BD1' mounting plate is ok off i went with box of various size 'O' rings. In short a sucessful way of replacing that rubber web, with something that i feel is a far better way of doing it & cost pennies in the process. I think i've decided on 'O' rings with 10mm internal diameter, not had time to play with an 'O' ring size for the tension band as yet..

Anyway here's how it now looks now, great stuff hangs from the rings. Ive decided i'm going to replace the plastic mounting plate with a lazer cut aluminium version later on as plastic gives me the creeps

(Original Rubber web)

(Trying out various size 'O' rings)

(Success albeit i prefer a new aluminium version of the mounting plate instead of plastic).
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 04-07-2012 at 16:14.

I'm Geoff.

Looks good! You'll find the 'O' rings perish after a year or so. Easy to re-do though and the neoprene has a degree of self damping which is handy. My whole BD1 deck was suspended on 'O' rings (see thumbnail).
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Nobody.

I Geoff
    Yeh i noticed those, good idea, no good for me tho i'm stuck in the late 60's foot fall isshews are my thang

I personally think the 'O' ring idea will last a lot longer than a year or so imho, they may stretch in the future but wont snap.. at the end of the day you can get a bag full for peanuts

All good fun tho innit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast