+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha ns1000m

I'm jamie.

Default Yamaha ns1000m

These will be with me on Friday ,
    Hopefully all the drivers work lol.
    So what can I expect? Any tips on the mid/hf settings?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    Dont take the mid ranges apart if they dont work....they have beryllium in them they should all work though depends how they have been used in the past hopefully not thrashed/
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Deleted.

Default Yamaha ns1000m

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    Personally I find they sound best with the trim pots set to 0 or close to. I think on mine the tweeter is a fraction lower than 0 and the mid is flat 0. I would start with this and then experiment. I did hear some not long ago with the mid turned to -3dB and whilst the owner claims it gave the flattest frequency response I find this impossible to believe as the mid sounded extremely recessed and almost like it had been disconnected! (It's easy to make a mistake measuring speakers).

I'm not sure why you are being given the advice above. The drive units aren't intended to be dismantled and I'm sure you aren't intending to. However, unless you intend to grind the cones (both the mid and tweeter are pure beryllium) to a powder and inhale it you won't suffer beryllium poisoning.
    Last edited by YNWaN; 31-05-2017 at 13:50.
    Account Deleted

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Personally I find they sound best with the trim pots set to 0 or close to. I think on mine the tweeter is a fraction lower than 0 and the mid is flat 0. I would start with this and then experiment. I did hear some not long ago with the mid turned to -3dB and whilst the owner claims it gave the flattest frequency response I find this impossible to believe as the mid sounded extremely recessed and almost like it had been disconnected! (It's easy to make a mistake measuring speakers).

I'm not sure why you are being given the advice above. The drive units aren't intended to be dismantled and I'm sure you aren't intending to. However, unless you intend to grind the cones (both the mid and tweeter are pure beryllium) to a powder and inhale it you won't suffer beryllium poisoning.
    Trying to help as Jamie has done tweeters in the past.....gets you no where in being kind... their again what do i know....

Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Deleted.

Default Yamaha ns1000m

Sorry, you mean you were saving him from potentially being poisoned? Luckily, unless he is planning on eating any of the beryllium domes or grinding them up and inhaling them then he will be OK (from poisoning at least) - there's no beryllium dust/gas etc in them waiting to be released.

If any of the drive units don't work I would recommend you claim a refund as replacement units are expensive and repair is, at best, a delicate procedure (if it can be done at all).
    Account Deleted

I'm Geoff.

Metallic Beryllium is perfectly safe when used in speaker diaphrams.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Sorry, you mean you were saving him from potentially being poisoned? Luckily, unless he is planning on eating any of the beryllium domes or grinding them up and inhaling them then he will be OK (from poisoning at least) - there's no beryllium dust/gas etc in them waiting to be released.

If any of the drive units don't work I would recommend you claim a refund as replacement units are expensive and repair is, at best, a delicate procedure (if it can be done at all).
    Yes this.....I really dont know that much about these hence was trying to help encase...They were bought at auction so the chances of seeing the £500 again a slim....I cant see any reason why the wouldn't work the pictures look fine...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm jamie.

cheers all.
    yes bought at auction and was told they were working before being entered for sale,if by chance somethings a miss i will probably break (which is a shame) due to the cost of replacement drivers let alone one turning up in the first place for sale!
    i wait with bated breath
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

Might be able to return them if not as stated
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

No, because they were bought at auction, that doesn't apply.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast