Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What makes songs great?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Default What makes songs great?

The vid says it all.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Steve.

Thanks Chris, that vid brightened my day no end.

I enjoyed it so much I went on to watch the "Kid Charlemagne" video. The part dealing with Larry Carlton's solo was moving me to tears, such was the quality.

Royal Scam is one of my favourite albums, and I'll now be hearing it with a new set of ears.

Sorry I seem to have digressed a bit from your post.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Don't worry about the digression, Steve.
    I was going to recommend listening to other vids in the series.

I am surprised there are no other respondents - maybe folk here are less interested in music than they are in having circular arguments about bits of gear
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Steve.

Absolutely.

I was watching this on a crappy laptop with no headphones, but it was still the most interesting thing I've seen all week.

I'm gonna watch the rest of these tomorrow.

My TV has hundreds of channels, mostly crap - there should be room for a channel that caters for this kind of thing, I'm sure it wouldn't cost much

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm M.

Really enjoyed that

I'm Tony.

These are just great..
    Have to admit I jumped straight to The Dan first, can't resist a bit of Bernard Purdie :-)
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post

I am surprised there are no other respondents - maybe folk here are less interested in music than they are in having circular arguments about bits of gear
    Maybe so but it is quite difficult to have a circular argument about music
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Maybe so but it is quite difficult to have a circular argument about music
    No arguments about my music collection - it's all circular

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

You must have a funny looking cassette deck then...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Hmm you got me there...

And you're right, circular arguments about music are difficult. Can we have an oblong argument instead?

I would argue that CD cases are slightly more oblong than record covers

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast