+ Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 540 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm Geoff.

How about older guys with baseball caps like me?

I'm Steve.

Absolutely fine for driving golf buggies in Florida. Only kidding, us oldies are exempt-but strictly NO TRILBYS

montesquieu Guest

FIFA World Cup.

When did it become compulsory to stick FIFA in front of something that has always been just the World Cup. Or maybe the football World Cup if the rugby one happens to be on at the time.

I don't want to be reminded about the bunch of corrupt tossers that sit at the top of football's money tree.

I suppose there's nothing that can be done if you read it on the back of a bag of some really unhealthy junk food that has paid FIFA to be a sponsor. But we shouldn't have to read about FIFA any other time. (Unless it's the latest one of them to do jail time).

I'm Grant.

whit's wrong wi' trilbys????
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    whit's wrong wi' trilbys????
    They're for old geezers!

I'm Grant.

ive got about a dozen hats. more stylish than a baseball hat
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I love hats, they just don't love me. I think my head might be the wrong shape. I've tried wearing them whole on holiday, where nobody knows me. but then I catch my reflection in a shop window and the sight always made me groan. That's the real reason I let Mrs P go shopping on her own

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    ive got about a dozen hats. more stylish than a baseball hat
    Hope you haven't got a Breton like Corbyn.

I'm Steve.

I can just about manage a woolly hat if the weather's cold enough, but they just make me look like E.T.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hope you haven't got a Breton like Corbyn.

Is that what that is? I thought Bretons were those stripy shirts you wear under your string of onions

+ Reply to Thread