+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Pass B1

montesquieu Guest

Default Wanted: Pass B1

Yes I know I know .. I've bought and sold three or four of these over the years but I'm looking for another one.

Far beyond my meagre capabilities to build one, sadly.

Anyone got one lying around unused?

I'm Chris.

You and 'Lord Mortlock' both! You may both have owned my old 'Morfaudio' one. Good luck- from a Pass fan.

(Currently on a battery-powered Stereo Coffee LDR Pre-amp into an F3)
    Chris.

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    You and 'Lord Mortlock' both! You may both have owned my old 'Morfaudio' one. Good luck- from a Pass fan.

(Currently on a battery-powered Stereo Coffee LDR Pre-amp into an F3)
    Yes I had that one.

I don't like having kit lying around unused so I sold it ... stupid of me really.

I'm jp.

This one look is nice, hot rod and some Gucci components.
    http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-...met-build.html

I'm Jez.

I can make you one. Or an Arkless one. Or a Lindsey Hood one. Or a diamond buffer or... lots of other variations. All just buffers
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I can make you one. Or an Arkless one. Or a Lindsey Hood one. Or a diamond buffer or... lots of other variations. All just buffers
    The circuit of the Pass is very simple. I might build one myself - if I knew what the J-fets were!

http://www.dms-audio.com/node/19
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by diceman View Post
    This one look is nice, hot rod and some Gucci components.
    http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-...met-build.html
    £200 seems reasonable, given the build and component quality. Might be too late though as the seller is about to cannibalise it for parts. (As of 7.08.17)
    Barry

montesquieu Guest

Made contact on that one hope it's still available.

I'm James.

I have one, unused, a dc coupled kit variant, can't remember much about it tbh but it is in a tidy case and properly built.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The circuit of the Pass is very simple. I might build one myself - if I knew what the J-fets were!

http://www.dms-audio.com/node/19
    Yeah it's just a textbook zero offset FET (assuming matched FETs) buffer and shouldn't really be called a Pass anything.... One will find it in text books from 40 years ago! It uses the unfortunately discontinued 2SK170. A new version is now available from Linear Systems as the LSK170 but at a much higher price than the original. The only issue is that if using it DC coupled then the matching of the FETs is important. FET's are notoriously variable from one to another so if going for excellent matching many FET's will need to be bought and selected into matched pairs. Not too bad if they were 15P but at more like £3 each....
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

+ Reply to Thread