+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: general election

I'm Richie.

Isn't that what Corbyn is proposing?

[edit - tried to quote John. Oops]

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I disagree with you in the strongest possible terms Marco and detect rather a lot of hypocrisy there. I can see right whingers and racists probably hating my comments, just as I do those from card carrying Tories.. but I would guess you are in a very small minority as a devout religious person... and that a majority are probably anti religion. You allow Tories to be called worse than shit (quite rightly!), make no comment about anti Muslim comments so long as they don't go over a certain boundary... but when ALL religion is criticised, by inference including your own, the barriers of censorship come slamming down and the doors to free speech are firmly slammed.
    Yeah yeah you personally own the web site and you'll do whatever the feck you like and if we don't like it we know where we can shove it etc etc.... It needed saying though IMHO
    See my post #69. I was referring specifically to this post from Geoff, and the "plague on all their houses" remark. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Frankly I'm in the Christopher Hitchens school of thought when it comes to religion: a plague on all their houses!
    I don't think I'm being at all unreasonable in taking offence to someone (albeit indirectly) wishing such a thing on me, simply because I'm religious!

Anyway, as I said, let's leave it there. Indeed, I insist on it.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Bigman80 Guest

You should listen to "With god on our side" by Bob Dylan.

The KKK claim to be devout Christians. You probably wouldn't tar all Christians with the same brush though... What about the IRA? Catholics to a man. So are all Catholics a problem?
    Islam is the worlds biggest religion. If they were all out to get us we'd know about it! It is a few extremist psychopaths who commit these atrocities and very wrong to hate all Muslims! Many of the medical staff fighting to save the lives of terrorist victims are Muslim!
    Thats very naive Jez, the KKK weren't killing in the name of religion. They are white supremacists. You dont have to be Christian to join the KKK. you have to be racist.

The IRA also didnt act through religious beliefs. They wanted British rule to end in Ireland and wanted to unite Ireland. They were paramilitary. Not terrorists.

Also, claiming that KKK are Christians and IRA are Catholics, doesn't make you anti -christian or anti-catholic or a "phobe" shall we say.

My point being, if you refer to a terrorist as a muslim which is correct, they are followers of Islam, read the Quran, pray at a mosque, pilgrimage to Mecca etc

you get called an Islamophobe.

My Ire is that the Leftys label every one as a dissenter if you dont see the world as they do. The Left, are the new right wing.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    See post #69. I was referring specifically to this post from Geoff, and the "plague on all their houses" remark. Nothing else.

I don't think I'm being at all unreasonable in taking offence to someone (albeit indirectly) wishing such a thing on me, simply because I'm religious!

Anyway, as I said, let's leave it there. Indeed, I insist on it.

Marco.
    Fairy snuff
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Its not anti religion to declare that ISIS are practising muslims matey.
    Agreed, the Islamic in Islamic State means what it says. They do not represent all Muslims or even a majority of Muslims, but they are Muslims, only with a particularly reactionary take on Islam.
    Last edited by Landloper; 06-06-2017 at 19:57. Reason: punctuation 21.00

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Thats very naive Jez, the KKK weren't killing in the name of religion. They are white supremacists. You dont have to be Christian to join the KKK. you have to be racist.

The IRA also didnt act through religious beliefs. They wanted British rule to end in Ireland and wanted to unite Ireland. They were paramilitary. Not terrorists.

Also, claiming that KKK are Christians and IRA are Catholics, doesn't make you anti -christian or anti-catholic or a "phobe" shall we say.

My point being, if you refer to a terrorist as a muslim which is correct, they are followers of Islam, read the Quran, pray at a mosque, pilgrimage to Mecca etc

you get called an Islamophobe.

My Ire is that the Leftys label every one as a dissenter if you dont see the world as they do. The Left, are the new right wing.

Utter tosh and you know it. All the above claim to have "god on their side" and use religion as a justification for their actions. Try telling the victims of IRA atrocities that the IRA are not terrorists. Were the French Resistance terrorists or freedom fighters? I guess the Nazi's may give a different answer to the French population.... The KKK quote from the bible and go to church every Sunday.. not to mention carrying burning crosses! Throughout history evil men have tried to twist religion into giving them an excuse for their atrocities! The deaths of millions in the first crusades came about because the then pope thought he was losing his popularity and the churches coffers were running low.. so he made up a lie that the holy lands were being over run by Muslims and they were killing and raping Christians in the area! Eventually the Muslims did do just this... in retaliation for Christian atrocities committed by crusaders!

Oh and although not all brexiters are racist.... all racists are brexiters! A bit like not all Muslims are terrorists but all ISIS jihadis are Muslim eh?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

Bigman80 Guest

Utter tosh and you know it. All the above claim to have "god on their side" and use religion as a justification for their actions. Try telling the victims of IRA atrocities that the IRA are not terrorists. Were the French Resistance terrorists or freedom fighters? I guess the Nazi's may give a different answer to the French population.... The KKK quote from the bible and go to church every Sunday.. not to mention carrying burning crosses! Throughout history evil men have tried to twist religion into giving them an excuse for their atrocities! The deaths of millions in the first crusades came about because the then pope thought he was losing his popularity and the churches coffers were running low.. so he made up a lie that the holy lands were being over run by Muslims and they were killing and raping Christians in the area! Eventually the Muslims did do just this... in retaliation for Christian atrocities committed by crusaders!

Oh and although not all brexiters are racist.... all racists are brexiters! A bit like not all Muslims are terrorists but all ISIS jihadis are Muslim eh?
    That kind of sweeping statement only goes to show that you are just trying to steam roller the debate, Jez. Im afraid you are wrong.

ISIS are a terror group trying to bring in their religious beliefs by unsolicited violence.

The Nazis were Fascists who blamed the Jews for the lack of work when the soldiers returned from WW1

The IRA were loyalists trying to remove British rule in Ireland

The KKK are racists who believed non whites should be irradicated. Also Fascists by definition.

ISIS are RELIGIOUS Fanatics.

Im afraid your statement is "UTTER TOSH"

You cant argue with facts. You are suggesting because KKK are mostly Christians (not all) that they are the same as ISIS, which is absolutely ignorant and uninformed. Its also an affront to not understand the reasons why people have been casualties to the various groups atrocities.

Your little quip on Brexit is clever though. Albeit short sighted.

Also, it kind of give the game away when they refer to themselves as a "Radical islamic group"

Anyway. Im off to Greece in a few hours so I'll be signing off from this debate.

I'm Jo.

QUOTE=martian sunrise;871931]Isn't that what Corbyn is proposing?

[edit - tried to quote John. Oops][/QUOTE]

The difficulty I have with the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition is that he asks us to believe that it is possible to negotiate peace with those who want war, such as Islamic State, Richie. I can't see how this can be compassed. Jihadism is not monolithic and I wouldn't rule out parley altogether, but clearly some elements of it are driven by an apocalyptic vision which has absolutely no interest in an accommodation.

I'm Jo.

'Not all Brexiters are racist but all racists are Brexiters'.

No, Dianne Abbot definitely campaigned, along with the Tory government and the majority of the elite, for Remain.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    'Not all Brexiters are racist but all racists are Brexiters'.

No, Dianne Abbot definitely campaigned, along with the Tory government and the majority of the elite, for Remain.
    Uh?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast