View Poll Results: Do cables make a difference to your listening experience.

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nearly Always

51 63.75%
  • Sometimes

20 25.00%
  • Never

9 11.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Do cables make a difference to your listening experience.

danilo Guest

Apologies if I was ambiguous
    I have NO horse in this race /argument. Simply don't care.. either way.
    I do believe that there can be differences albeit subtle.
    Also aware that there are massive physiological differences between individuals as well.
    Likely WE should be subject to Testings.. Blind or whatever.
    Anal Probes..comes to mind

I'm Anthony.

Most definitely
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Same here, I just glue all my kit together. Sounds great.

Marco.
    Do different brands or types of glue make an audible difference

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    Apologies if I was ambiguous
    I have NO horse in this race /argument. Simply don't care.. either way.
    I do believe that there can be differences albeit subtle.
    Also aware that there are massive physiological differences between individuals as well.
    Equally there are differences in the abilities of the other components in the Hi Fi chain to reveal differences in cables etc. Those that don't hear a difference should be looking carefully at the other components of their system.

I'm Simon.

I've tried ofc, ohno, silver, 3 to 5 miles, wire, foils, copper, silver, solarium, platinum and rhodium plugs, chunky, wbt, eichmann and copies.

I run cheap studio balanced wire, plain USB certified pc cables and silver foil speaker wire, because I'd wedded to it by cost and lack of resale ability. I never give wire a second thought, but that's because I can build a psu or component that affects a change orders of magnitude greater.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    is that why she is an ex wife Russell?
    Not really, but I did take her with me to buy stereo while we were together, she had a very good ear. But every time we went to a party, once we were home she would say their music sounded like crap! Her ears spoiled I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Years ago, I read everything I could get my hands on concerning stereo, and I was reading these articles in magazines like Stereophile, which was a very good magazine in those days, late 80's or so, and I heard these reviewers going on about how they heard differences in some of these new high end cables that were just then coming on the market. So, my ex wife and I went to my favorite local salon, and the salesman swapped out about 4 different cables, and on conference with my wife, we both heard the exact same differences. And we both preferred the same ones. That to me was proof that I was not hearing things, or fooling myself. And of course, once we were home and replaced the tiny Siamese wires they give away with new gear, the difference was more than slight. I went there with great skepticism, I really didn't know if I believed it was possible. And I know my ex was super frugal, she hated ever dime I spent on that stereo, (but loved the music). So I know she would never have let me buy those wires unless she was in full agreement.

I'm Adrian.

Yes
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Kevin.

Cables can make a difference. I do believe it is a synergy thing with the system as a whole.
    Compared to other component changes, the difference with a cable is generally quite subtle and should be regarded as icing on the cake.

I tend to make all of my own interconnects using the Klotz MC5000. It tried various cables before this one, but now I discovered what this cable does in my system, I have stopped looking. If it is used in studios where they create the music, why do you need more than this?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Russell.

I don't think that good cables need to be expensive. I question the validity of cables that cost many thousands of dollars. What could they know or do that cables that are sound in their science can't do? I wrote an article about it for that Italian magazine. But I didn't come right out and say that expensive cables are a rip off. I just said that each person has a number in mind that they believe is too much for cables. On another forum a discussion arose from a speaker maker that charges $40,000 for wire upgrades within their speakers. And you'd be amazed by the number of people who defended their asking price for a few feet of wire. To each their own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast