+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mains Cable Query.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    I'm curious as to what age bracket the two main camps in this debate/thinly veiled argument fall.
    Foo and snake oil have been around for as long as their have been marketing men. So the fact that I am 70 next year has little effect on that.

In my 20's and 30's I use to be very unkind to friends who bought into the whole thing whilst agreeing with Mr Walker myself. I have seen or heard nothing to change my mind in the intervening years.

However, each to their own and people can spend their hard earned on anything they choose if it makes them happy. There are people out there who believe absolutely in all sort of stuff that I consider nonsense but 'twas ever thus. To their faces I nod sagely and silently mock them inside.

I was always an unpleasant git

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Any recommendations for a good Schuko distribution block?
    It will be plugged into my Power Inspired AG1500.
    Mark Grant could make you one. All hard wired, gold contact plugs too!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Craig.

Surely this post has the most response in any given time......is there an award for it?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    Surely this post has the most response in any given time......is there an award for it?
    Well, a Cable War is always popular.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    I'm just amazed at how civil the thread has been, even when NVA was mentioned ������
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Marcus.

I recently switched to a Studio Connections mains cable from my home-made Furutech effort (which bettered others I had before)

Gosh-darn-it, I can't explain why, though the box does go on about carbon diffusing noise or something like that, but with either amplifier or dac, the sound is a lot clearer and imaging depth in particular gets a real boost.

Maybe I have terrible mains, but switching back and forth, the differences are stark and obvious.
    Kettle leads in comparison sound relatively dead and lifeless.

You know what - maybe the best thing to do is just stick with whatever you have, you won't miss what you don't know about, I find that short of something that aggravates your ears, you can adapt to anything.

Then again, that would take all the fun out of our hobby.
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by bronzeage View Post
    I recently switched to a Studio Connections mains cable from my home-made Furutech effort (which bettered others I had before)

Gosh-darn-it, I can't explain why, though the box does go on about carbon diffusing noise or something like that, but with either amplifier or dac, the sound is a lot clearer and imaging depth in particular gets a real boost.

Maybe I have terrible mains, but switching back and forth, the differences are stark and obvious.
    Kettle leads in comparison sound relatively dead and lifeless.

You know what - maybe the best thing to do is just stick with whatever you have, you won't miss what you don't know about, I find that short of something that aggravates your ears, you can adapt to anything.

Then again, that would take all the fun out of our hobby.
    This is probably the main point. For many, it's much more about getting a 'sound' they like rather than about the music. Sorry if that sounds patronising, it isn't meant to be but there are definitely two distinct sides to this hobby.

In my other hobby of slot racing - which is also male dominated - there is the same sort of split. There are those for whom all that matters is that the car is as accurate as possible, with every feature modelled, every decal applied in exactly the right place and if they find any imperfection, they scrap it all and start again. I just wanna race and beat the other buggers who think they can outdrive me!!

The two sides have a sort of uneasy coexistence but still think of themselves as having the same hobby. Sound familiar?

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    ... although there is a new type in the post to me atm. I'm quite excited!
    The postman cometh - and it's arrived.

Missing Link Cryo Reference (£250 rrp -- although I paid a lot less )
    -- oooo, nice. Compared to my already very fine Nordost Blue Heaven, at 1st blush it allows a noticeably more transparent, detailed and 'present' sound.
    I think I am going to enjoy this one.

And yes, Gordon, it is ALL about getting more from the music.

I'm Geoff.

This is what you need

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    This is what you need

+++111. All i ever use now. Tried a couple of fancies but sounded same to me. Regenerators and filters on other hand can help. And do to me due to noisy and high at times mains. But can quite understand others who s experience is different. If it works for you then fine.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast