+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MiBO 2016 Photos, Videos and Comments

I'm Nial.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I expect this won't work either but after all the old lady whinging... a slightly over half a Gigabyte download. Don't bother unless you have superfast broadband but if you do download it the quality will be as I have here at home, and better than live streaming it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApUl1xxOUo0lg2BHKJRVMTe2ZSbS
    Worked beautifully, many thanks for going to the trouble.

Now, where's me shopping trolley...

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Thanks Justin, it works for me. Hope everyone else can see it, it gives a very good view of how the venue was

I think 'the price' has gone down again
    In that case here's all I have of your Mezzo 3's. Just started recording it too late into the track, no other reason for it being so short.

Now you're in the country come round and hear the Apogees sometime and be one of the select few in the entire world to hear what an uprated Apogee Duetta design can do in the year 2016

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfway Tree View Post
    What a great day! Thoroughly enjoyed it - the music, the gear and seeing old and new faces.

Thanks Martin for not just organising, but also finding a great venue - have to agree with Sharif (Audioflyer) that the acoustics were really good and showcased all types of speakers really well.

As a reggae and dipole fan a big shout to Ali for playing those early UB40 tracks - recorded in a home studio no less. The dynamics were amazing on your speakers!

Every piece of kit just seemed to let the music flow - and at the end of the day that's what it all about. As usual have ordered some new tunes heard on the day.

Last but not least a big thanks to Ken (Qwin) for doing the driving - dropped me off at home at about 11.30pm and he still had about 40 mins to go to get home. Cheers mate!

Gordon
    Gordon, what was that Latin guitar type CD we played on my system and we all enjoyed. I need to get a copy.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Kevin.

Out of interest, how did the KIN/Vivant phono stages compare to the Project RS Phono box?
    I am just wondering if I made the right choice.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Martin.

For me, the Vivant was a quite noticeable step up on the Project. So I guess you made the right choice
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Kevin.

That is good news.
    I am impressed with my KIN, but the local dealer was not keen to lend me the Project phono for a home demo, so I did not get to hear one.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

Maybe they do things different over there. Most biggish dealers here worth their salt would.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Mezzos sound good. Similar in presentation to my small teles.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Gordon, what was that Latin guitar type CD we played on my system and we all enjoyed. I need to get a copy.
    Rich, the CD is At Home - Roberto Fonseca (Cuba)and Fatoumata Diawara (Mali) recorded at the Marciac Jazz Festival in 2014. For the vinylista's among us there is a 180gm double album for less than a tenner from this place - http://www.mdt.co.uk/diawara-fatouma...t-home-lp.html

Fatoumata Diawara's solo album Fatou is also worth checking out.

Gordon

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Mezzos sound good. Similar in presentation to my small teles.

These have the magic ingredient of a Celestion HF1300 instead of the original. I haven't heard this pair but I'm sure Alan will have integrated them well. We have two pairs of speakers here with that tweeter and like the sound of both of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast