+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Make my system sing

I'm christoffer.

Default Make my system sing

Hi guys
    First thread here "ex, welcome thread",
    I've just starting to build a budget system after moving back from abroad and i reckon i could need some advice regarding some equipment that i will need to upgrade.
    First of what i have today,

Speakers: Avance epsilon 980.
    Turntable: RP1 with RB250 arm, michell cw, incognito cables and a rega exact cartridge.
    Phonostage: Rega fono mini a2d.
    Amp: Cambridge audio azur 640a.
    And some good enough cables "for now".

I have platter and sub platter ordered from groove trace and after that i will see the turntable as fit for fight for at least half a year,
    The speakers are a keeper due to the insane price i got them for but i do need a better phono stage and also a new amp sooner or later.

It was actually due to the search for a proper phonostage that i found this forum,
    my neighbor wants to sell me a cambridge 651P so i goggled it and found a member on this forum that do/did mods for that model "yes Arkless it's you".

So the question is simply what phonostage is a good bang for the buck and harder to answer sound good in my setup "speaker/table"?
    I will probably stay with the exact cartridge for a considerable amount of time so most MM stage for the money i guess i'm asking for, price? idk up to 500 used or new is probably my limit.
    Oh yea music, play mostly 50-80 pop/rock and are very fond of acoustic sounds. I reckon i like a warm but controlled sound with a good stable image.

So any takers? what am i looking for?

I'm Kevin.

Get your name on the Firebottle loan list and see what Alan's phonostage can do.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Get your name on the Firebottle loan list and see what Alan's phonostage can do.
    I saw that thread, i have not read how the loan system works yet but i can imagine the fact that i live in Norway could be seen as a bit problematic?

I'm Chris.

I reckon take a look at this one: http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-iphono/
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by technobear View Post
    I reckon take a look at this one: http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-iphono/
    Never heard of it but just spent a good half hour reading review after review of it, it sure does sound promising. The only real annoying thing i see straight aways is the connectors on the front which will make it pretty hard to place.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.j.s View Post
    I saw that thread, i have not read how the loan system works yet but i can imagine the fact that i live in Norway could be seen as a bit problematic?

Ah, yes. I had not spotted that.
    Sorry.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by chris.j.s View Post
    Hi guys
    First thread here "ex, welcome thread",
    I've just starting to build a budget system after moving back from abroad and i reckon i could need some advice regarding some equipment that i will need to upgrade.
    First of what i have today,

Speakers: Avance epsilon 980.
    Turntable: RP1 with RB250 arm, michell cw, incognito cables and a rega exact cartridge.
    Phonostage: Rega fono mini a2d.
    Amp: Cambridge audio azur 640a.
    And some good enough cables "for now".

I have platter and sub platter ordered from groove trace and after that i will see the turntable as fit for fight for at least half a year,
    The speakers are a keeper due to the insane price i got them for but i do need a better phono stage and also a new amp sooner or later.

It was actually due to the search for a proper phonostage that i found this forum,
    my neighbor wants to sell me a cambridge 651P so i goggled it and found a member on this forum that do/did mods for that model "yes Arkless it's you".

So the question is simply what phonostage is a good bang for the buck and harder to answer sound good in my setup "speaker/table"?
    I will probably stay with the exact cartridge for a considerable amount of time so most MM stage for the money i guess i'm asking for, price? idk up to 500 used or new is probably my limit.
    Oh yea music, play mostly 50-80 pop/rock and are very fond of acoustic sounds. I reckon i like a warm but controlled sound with a good stable image.

So any takers? what am i looking for?
    I'll probably be doing these again in a month or so....

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post

Ah, yes. I had not spotted that.
    Sorry.
    Im undercover

I keep seeing on this forum praises of Alans fb but so far i haven't been able to see what he sells it for? "it's probably right before my eyes".
    I reckon i could PM him but hey free advertising for Alan So what's the damage and how long is the delivery time of one of these units?
    I would love to put myself on the loan list but as a scandinavian i won't go thru the trouble with postage/costume even if i was allowed to loan it, I trust the ears of this group of fidelity folks that already praised it here.

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I'll probably be doing these again in a month or so....
    Thats great news, are you still dealing with the same prices and upgrades as before?

I'm christoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by technobear View Post
    It says everywhere in every review "this 400 dollar phono", if anyone can find a cheap place to buy this thing on the net that delivers to europe i would be much interested because i can only find 600-750 dollar price tags on them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast