+ Reply to Thread

Thread: #1

I'm satyavadita.

Default #1

Hello,

Interesting forum and very pleased to have found this. Guess I'm an old timer, to give you some idea my first system was put together using a couple of valve radios from jumble sales, a DIY tone arm from a design in a magazine and a pair of speakers I made copied from Monitor Audio MA5's. I'd heard the MA5's at KJ Leisure Sounds in Watford which was one of the first dedicated HI Fi shops and lingering in there got me hooked.This would be the early 70's. Progressed via Naim 32.5 110 Linn LP!2/Ittok and a couple of Revox's which I used for a short time before I had kids and the system was then packed away out of harms reach. My son is now 27 so thought maybe time to dig it all out.

I'd like to upgrade the 110 with replacement boards and do a re cap and was searching for options when I discovered this forum. The LP12 and Ittok and an early Naim Nait will be for sale so i'll list on here in due course.

Cheers.

I'm Alan.

Hello Satyavadita, what a fabulous name, welcome aboard.

Join in with your experiences and opinions, it's a very friendly forum.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Satyavadita,

Interesting audio journey, some of us also started with DIY audio gear. You say you will be selling your turntable and arm - does that mean you no longer listen to vinyl, or have you replaced the Linn gear with something else?

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum

Regards
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hi Satyavadita. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like you've been 'doing Hi-Fi' as long as quite a few here. Me included.

If you have an early LP12, maybe you should reconsider selling it, there's plenty of potential there. I replaced my Ittok with a Mission 774 and never looked back!

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm satyavadita.

Thanks for the welcoming comments. Musical taste, I could write a few pages but briefly fairly catholic. The radios I used had SW so listened to music from all corners and once I found All India Radio I got seriously interested in Indian classical music buying books studying etc. I also like simple early choral music like Lassus, Josquin de Pres and Hildegard but also enjoy Barbie Girl from Aqua!

You know that feeling when you meet someone and they're playing something that really gets you? It set you off on a little journey of discovery and I've found special bands that way too. People like Brian Eno, Wire (post punk arty band) Cardiacs (english excentric rock!) for example. I'll stop there!

Loads of my albums were eaten by mice in storage so I don't think I'll be using vinyl again so the Deck can go to someone who will appreciate it. I'll possibly sell the Naim 110 I have if it doesn't make sense to upgade and renew 30 year old components. I need some advice on that so I'll post up some questions. ReVox B77 needs to go too at some point.

Cheers Satya

I'm Geoffrey.

Hello and welcome Satyavadita.

Geoff.

+ Reply to Thread