+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power jack size on Caiman Mk II

I'm Andy.

Default Power jack size on Caiman Mk II

Hey folks,

I've just taken the plunge and bought a Caiman MkII to replace my much-loved Caiman MkI. As external batteries seem to be getting good results, I also bought an Anker Gen 2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GSLRKJ...d_i=B00BUJCMUQ

The Anker has arrived and it doesn't have a cable that will fit my MkI Caiman (MkII not here yet). The only jack cable it came with is a 5.5x2.5, which is a little bigger than the Caiman MkI power supply. I therefore wonder if

a) the MKII has a different size power jack (yes, I know I could wait 'til it arrived but then I'd maybe have to wait AGAIN for an adaptor )?
    b) if an adaptor is needed and, if so, can someone post me a link

Cheers

Andy

I'm Krzysztof.

Quote Originally Posted by andybee33 View Post
    Hey folks,

I've just taken the plunge and bought a Caiman MkII to replace my much-loved Caiman MkI. As external batteries seem to be getting good results, I also bought an Anker Gen 2

The Anker has arrived and it doesn't have a cable that will fit my MkI Caiman (MkII not here yet). The only jack cable it came with is a 5.5x2.5, which is a little bigger than the Caiman MkI power supply. I therefore wonder if

a) the MKII has a different size power jack (yes, I know I could wait 'til it arrived but then I'd maybe have to wait AGAIN for an adaptor )?

Cheers

Andy
    Yes, AFAIK, CMI has a different power jack than CMII. You can buy the adapter if you really want.

I'm Graeme.

Hey folks,

Cheers

Andy
    Andy, I've never had a Caiman I, but I do have the Caiman II and the Anker battery, and I can tell you that the lead supplied with the Anker DOES fit my Caiman II. No need to buy any adaptors!

Hope that helps

Graeme

I'm Krzysztof.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Andy, I've never had a Caiman I, but I do have the Caiman II and the Anker battery, and I can tell you that the lead supplied with the Anker DOES fit my Caiman II. No need to buy any adaptors!

Hope that helps

Graeme
    Yes, for CMII for sure, for CMI not - it has bigger diameter AFAIR.

I'm Andy.

Graeme/Krzysztof - thanks very much for the help - that's great news! I guess I'll just have to sit back and wait for the MkII to arrive

Kind regards,

Andy

I'm Krzysztof.

Graeme/Krzysztof - thanks very much for the help - that's great news! I guess I'll just have to sit back and wait for the MkII to arrive

Kind regards,

Andy
    Yes, I am using Anker Pro 2nd Gen with CMII without any issues so far.

+ Reply to Thread