+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with a fault please

I'm Ben.

Default help with a fault please

Hi everyone

Im looking for a bit of guidance diagnosing a fault with my current vinyl set up please.

When playing vinyl I only get sound from one speaker, an issue which seemed to accour a week or 2 ago for no reason (only noticed it playing a record after not having used the deck for a week maybe). I have checked all the cables betweek the deck - phono stage - amp and all appears normal. I have also checked the amp imput and it plays fine with other sources.

So I am thinking I either have an issue with my phono stage or cartridge or arm wiring maybe but am unsure about the best way I would test these, especially given I have no spare equipment to try them on.

So folks what would you all do in my situation?
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Swap the leads over from arm to phono stage. If the down channel moves to the other speaker, then you know it's the leads or the cart at fault. If the down channel stays the same, the fault is downstream. If so, do the same with the leads from phono stage to amp.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ben.

I will give that a try this evening Thank you very much!

Will report back soon!

cheers again
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread