+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Going Back in Time

I'm Steve.

Bloody hell that's just like the one we had when i was a kid. It might even well be the actual one. Gorgeous innit?
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    You're quite right. I would if I had a bigger room. My mum has one that would be perfect - just need to wait for her to die then I will have the room and the sideboard

I'm Andr'e.

I Have a G Plan 'Fresco' sideboard exactly the same as the one in the below link Solid teak trims all around, solid Teak legs & handles. Dovetail drawers. Class

http://www.thevintageshop.co.nz/wp-c...453&w=680&q=90

I'm Paul.

Default A Classic Combination

Thanks to a very kind fishie, who has lent me a serviced Quad 303 for a couple of months, I have been enjoying a classic combination from my youth, 303 and JR149s. Fair enough, my Ifi dac that I'm using as a pre isn't too classic but it does make for a great sounding digital system that doesn't break the bank. I have been really enjoying the JR149s since their recap. Wonderful little speakers. The same gent also dropped off not one but two JR Superwoofers that I hope to restore in the coming weeks. Rather looking forward to hearing the 149s with a sub or two Interesting times.

Last edited by hermit; 22-02-2015 at 09:20. Reason: changed pic

I'm Paul.

The grills arrived this morning. It's such a shame that the fluted grills are not currently available. These ones which I got from BK Elec fit very well though and do the job.

I'm Grant.

they look very good Paul.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Default JR Super Woofer

Managed to get the first JR Super Woofer up and running. First impressions are extremely favourable.

Unfortunately the second LPA amp has a hum issue so will need to go to the tech for a check over. It is most unexpected as both LPAs have been professionally recapped and serviced. This was done some years ago but they were never tested as the subs were out of service. I hope it will be something simple.

I'm Paul.

Default Update JR Super Woofers

The second LPA just had a bad solder joint so was an easy fix. I now have two working LPAs and two working JR Super Woofers. I just finished the sealed woofer having rewired it and redone the surround in butyl. Just listening to it now. Here's some pics of it's construction.

The other woofer is of different construction and is ported. I am awaiting a foam surround for this woofer but have been using it with a replacement driver so far. I will post pics of its construction when I do the surround in the coming week.
    Last edited by hermit; 28-03-2015 at 16:13.

I'm Grant.

Glad your not my neighbour Paul ....nice job.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Default Ported JR Super Woofer

The foam surround for the ported sub came yesterday and I have now finished restoring the second sub which is back in my system. As you can see from the pics the construction of the two is quite different.

I'm Geoff.

Looks good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast