+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about my Caiman+ TC-7520SE

I'm Scott.

Default Questions about my Caiman+ TC-7520SE

I have a few questions regarding my Beresford Caiman+ TC-7520SE DAC.

First I have to say, that this is my first experience with DAC's.
    The reason I've chosen for a Beresford, was mainly the concept of the design, without all the "extras".
    Also the headphone part, which uses a class-A circuit had pulled me over to the Caiman. (Though it could maybe have a little bit more power)
    The overall sound is very nice, comfortable and transparent, and I'm happy with this choice

But I also have a few issues and questions, which I hope someone can help me with.

When I start playing a music file, there is first a loud plop/noise before the music starts playing.
    When continues listening to the music there is no problem, but switching to other songs\albums will give that sound again.
    There is no difference between the headphone out and the line out.
    It's like in the old day's when you listen to an LP, and put the needle on the record
    I've searched in the fora, and find a few threads about clicking/ticking noises, but they seems to have different behaviour or source.
    This is not a very soft click/plop but serious loud.

An other problem, is that the previous owner, wasn't that careful with the DAC, and ruined the optical input connectors. Does anyone know where I can order a replacement pair?

This DAC uses the Wolfson WM8716SEDS processor which can process 192kHz.
    Is it possible to play that files to? Or is this DAC limited to 96kHz?

Last question :-)
    Is there a kind of Wiki, about the different versions of the Caiman?
    I saw in the forum, that there are so many modifications in the different kind of models, that I'm not sure which are done by fabric already, and which still can be made.
    From what I understand is my model (almost) the latest version of the Caiman, with the most modifications already made?

Questions, questions...

I'm David.

Can I ask where in NL you are ? Only asking as I'm going back to botlek/ spijkenisse area very soon. If you are local, I'll bring mine over for comparison

I'm Scott.

I'm living in the "far" east part of the Netherlands.
    Almost at the German border, so it's not that little trip...

I'm Bernie.

Contact Stan Beresford (stanleyb) on this forum. He sorted me out with a replacement optical socket for mine a while ago.
    Bernie.

I'm Scott.

Thanks Bernie,
    I just left a message for him

+ Reply to Thread