+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Top ten cars sales 2013

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ok, now we're talking - that Jag is more like it!!

Now, if only they could make 'ordinary' electric cars look less like they've been designed by Spock (devoid of emotion), I might be tempted to raise a smile thinking about the prospect of owning one.....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Shane.

Sad thing about the Jag was that the original idea was to have the generators driven by a couple of micro gas turbines. Imagine the soundtrack to that! That was then changed to a 1.5L Williams F1 mill, then the project was binned due to other commitments, but not before Jag's parent company bought the company that designed and built the gas turbines, so watch this space!

http://www.bladonjets.com/
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I hear you, and i can assure you we are on the same page, However, one of the interesting aspects of the electric car is, due to the low level of noise these cars make, there will at some point come a time when it will be law for them to make some kind of noise in order for them to be heard, so, think of it, you could choose what ever car sound you want, ie Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, etc, etc.just imagine...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I sincerely hope that's the case, mate, but I have my doubts!

I know how 'into' cars you are, as we've had conversations about it before, and moreover, you don't own the type of cars you've had without also having a passion for driving!!

It's that last bit which is the key to my argument.

Remember the feeling you used to get when sitting in your Porsche or Audi TT, not just when driving them, but the sense of occasion/anticipation from merely turning on the ignition, hearing the sound of the engine and looking forward to the thrill that awaited you when going out on the open road?

Well, that's what I seek from the driving experience, and I refuse to own a car that doesn't deliver me that experience. If an electric-powered car can do all that, as well as look 'sexy', then when the times comes to change, I'll be in... If not, I won't be touching one with a bargepole, until legally, I have no other option.

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    However, one of the interesting aspects of the electric car is, due to the low level of noise these cars make, there will at some point come a time when it will be law for them to make some kind of noise in order for them to be heard, so, think of it, you could choose what ever car sound you want, ie Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, etc, etc.just imagine...
    Indeed - now *that* I could have some fun with, but only if the car itself looked the part! Imagine sitting driving some mundane 'plastic-blob' monstrosity, and it sounding like a Ferrari... I can just hear the jeers of 'twat!' from folk, echoing in my ears, as I drive by....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed - now *that* I could have some fun with, but only if the car itself looked the part! Imagine sitting driving some mundane 'plastic-blob' monstrosity, and it sounding like a Ferrari... I can just hear the jeers of 'twat!' from folk, echoing in my ears, as I drive by....

Marco.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Sad thing about the Jag was that the original idea was to have the generators driven by a couple of micro gas turbines. Imagine the soundtrack to that! That was then changed to a 1.5L Williams F1 mill, then the project was binned due to other commitments, but not before Jag's parent company bought the company that designed and built the gas turbines, so watch this space!

http://www.bladonjets.com/
    Lol, that's madness...

The serious point here for me is that driving, the same as every other recreational activity I participate in, *must* be a little bit out of the ordinary, above all pleasurable, and in some way, a memorable experience. 'Mundane' simply isn't in my vocabulary. I don't get out of bed in the morning to indulge in dreariness...

The words 'bon vivant' aren't written on my profile here for nothing, you know!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Shane.

I challenge you to get into a 900bhp coupe with two jet engines without some sense of anticipation! Not that you'll get the chance, sadly.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

Yes, the 'sense of anticipation' will be what it will be like to die!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    I challenge you to get into a 900bhp coupe with two jet engines without some sense of anticipation! Not that you'll get the chance, sadly.
    That may not happen. But instead how about a road legal motorbike with one jet engine and 420bhp that's available now (to order). The older version with a mere 320bhp was claimed to accelerate to 200mph in 5.4seconds. Here's a link: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/ne...013-more-power

There are videos on youtube of this thing in action.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm rupert.

Default Top ten cars sales 2013

I understand that many people need a car to sustain their living (not to say their lifestyle), but cars as we know them today are basically the same as 150 years ago, only heavier with more electronics and they STILL (unbelievably) run on old dirty Nafta. So to me cars are all boring .. except maybe an Aston Martin ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142