+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equipment supports

I'm Stu.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    With regards to equipment supports i think the jury is out! Is it roses i can smell, is it carnations, is it daffs? No, it's b......t. I am using fairly expensive racks at the moment and regret laying out all the money i did on them. There was nowt the matter with the Ikea products i was using before. The rack you have is a good one. Don't be in too much of a hurry to change it.
    I was previously in this camp and have used IKEA boxes to support kit in the past. Currently I've got a carbon fibre rack with each shelf having its own isolation and it's changed my mind completely with regards well thought out racks.
    Hifi Pig snoofling out what's hot in hifi.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

With regards to equipment supports i think the jury is out! Is it roses i can smell, is it carnations, is it daffs? No, it's b......t. I am using fairly expensive racks at the moment and regret laying out all the money i did on them. There was nowt the matter with the Ikea products i was using before. The rack you have is a good one. Don't be in too much of a hurry to change it.
    I'm in no hurry to spend megabucks, and the tripod is staying, but I do think the argos rack isn't quite good enough? Though improved with a set of spikes.

I'm hoping to get a cheap target rack?
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Chris.

Steve, what racks do you use? And have you got a suspended floor or solid?
    Chris

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by stupinder View Post
    I was previously in this camp and have used IKEA boxes to support kit in the past. Currently I've got a carbon fibre rack with each shelf having its own isolation and it's changed my mind completely with regards well thought out racks.
    Can you expand Stuart?
    My kit is on cheapo av stands- having used lack tables in the past, would interesting to hear your findings. If its on hi fi pig a wee link would be helpful.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    I would avoid glass or at least combine this with something else, e.g. two pieces of glass with some form of damping in between. I have a Target three tier rack with adjustable spikes at the bottom and for the top shelf. Don't see anything wrong with this. Again, I think the easiest way is to experiment with different materials on your existing supports.
    Hi Jeff.

I tried a little experiment with 4 granite coasters which I have kicking around, these have small flat rubber feet so seemed ideal to try under the footers of the Pearl lite amp.

So I put these in place between the Pearl and the glass shelf of the Argos rack, it changed the sound and musical presentation rather dramatically !

But for the better ? Well it was much leaner and very detailed, granite is a very hard and cold material to the touch and this is what it seems to impart on the music and frankly it was very tiring to listen to, interesting but no cigar here but worth a try.
    Chris

I'm tony.

Just read the HI FI Pig review of the carbon fibre rack.....sounds like a fine bit of man furniture!!!! After all..... What man doesn't want to get his hands on a nice rack?
    No mention of price but with the exotic materials involved may involve some hiding and smuggling in with the other half ( No, that's not new!!!!.......I just painted the corners to brighten things up!!!!)

I'm Chris.

My wife thinks £30 is too much to spend on a target rack I was looking at on ebay
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12