+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In The Begining...

I'm Rabb.

Post In The Begining...

Hey..

Became a member today! Been reading some of the articles online for several months, gained quite a bit of sensible information from the members of AOS, so I thank you for that.

Always had dedicated audio systems over the years and then about 13 years ago went the AV side of things, but now getting to a stage in life where my music library has grown I've decided to make a better system that can provide both pleasures.

Right now I'm auditing various speaker cables..

My listening preferences have matured in the last couple years but still refer back to my roots of music appreciation that began it all.

Hello to all, and I'm Rabb by the way..

I'm John.

Hello Rabb and welcome to the AoS. Tell us what is your favourite (or favourites) kind of music and a what equipment you use.

Cheers

I'm Rabb.

Listened music is to vast to narrow down, 80' pop/rock was very percussive due to the Bass Guitar and Yamaha DX7 keyboards so this reflects my teenage years, Rock/hard rock is my main stay saying that in my early years was J.M Jarre who I believe is the granddaddy of all electronic synth music and a huge influence on electronic music over the last 4 decades and heard today in Trance Music.

I run, B&W 804's and Linn Espek as rears, Paradigm CC350 centre and JBL sw.
    Denon 3910 DVD/SACD/CDP, Sony XB930ES CDP, Samsung 59" Plasma, QED reference leads & Opticals, etc etc.. Still looking for new sounds.

I'm John.

Rabb, your 3910, great piece of kit. I run a 3900 for CD/SACD and my very small collection of DVD-A.

I'm Paul.

Hi Rabb and welcome to the forum
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Rabb.

Hey..

That's much appreciated, I hope it will be more informing than just reading the posts as now I can ask and put in my views too!

I'm Rabb.

Hey...

Denon, great all rounders with upscalling, SACD and picture quality, can give machines 2 or 3 tines the price a run for sound quality...

synsei Guest

Given the thread title I was expecting the first chapter of Genesis, but then Peter Gabriel left and it all went downhill from there...

Welcome aboard Rabb

I'm Rabb.

..."And Then There Was Three",

Thank you for letting me join your gang!

+ Reply to Thread