+ Reply to Thread

Thread: micro seiki still hold sound quality to the best of the modern turntable

I'm Vorarat.

Default micro seiki still hold sound quality to the best of the modern turntable

i recently got a micro seiki sx-8000 turntable and i have compare it against many of the new turntable ranging from 5000 to 20000 usd and i am truly convince that the micro technology was well ahead of its time. the micro are very quiet and deliver hugh sound stage compare to the table today which are not mass load.. wonder if anyone have similar experience

I'm Charlie.

The big Micro DSeiki TTs from the lat 70s/early 80s were monsters - great sounding things with immaculate build quality. Shame they're not around any more.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Interesting Yahoo-Groups are on Micro-Seiki if anyone's interested. Little on their CD players and the mods they carried out though
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Interesting Yahoo-Groups are on Micro-Seiki if anyone's interested. Little on their CD players and the mods they carried out though
    Conceptually I'd guess the closest thing nowadays to one of the old MS giants would be the Tech Das which I understand is made by the former designer of MS anyway.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Agree on the MS stuff.

Watched this vid a while ago. The TechDAS is a monster. I can just hear it now. "Honey! I can't get the record off the platter....??"
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

+ Reply to Thread