+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists You Wouldn't Give House-Room To

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    The smiths by the way are one of the best bands ever...Fact.
    At least somebody is being serious, have to agree the Smiths made the eighties bearable

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    Arrrrrrr how on earth can you not like Queen ???
    Maybe he once met Freddy. Mercury, Kruger dusn't madder. Every Freddy I ever met has been a stultifyingly boring, vapid, panty-sniffing, pox-ridden tosser.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
    Maybe he once met Freddy. Mercury, Kruger dusn't madder. Every Freddy I ever met has been a stultifyingly boring, vapid, panty-sniffing, pox-ridden tosser.

agree about Queen

Main System
    FLAC -> Synology DS413j NAS -> SB Touch -> CA DacMagic -> Icon Audeo Sterio 40i -> LV Auditorium

Office System
    FLAC -> Ubuntu server running LMS -> SB3 -> Kenwood Amp (from the 80's) -> Mordaunt-Short MS.3.40

I'm Andrei.

Quote Originally Posted by church_of_hawkwind View Post
    In classical I really dislike the syrupy tinkly drivel composed by Rachmaninov and similar?

Kiri Te Kanawana, Callas, Garrett, Katherine Jenkins and other similar squawkers.
    Rachmaninov? Shame on you ... 30 lashes I say.
    Have to agree with you on Te Kawana. Take any album and compare it with a random competitor and Te K always gets the silver medal.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Liam.

[Seems everyone hates Coldplay.. I've always quite liked them... and what's wrong with Phil Collins and Paul McCartney??
    Coldplay have written some excellent songs. Their recordings, however, are truly the absolute pits with appalling SQ.
    For me all those listed just epitomise bland boring just non music, it's just sound and add to the fact all are royally up their own arse after peddling this shit for years. You can add another easy target to it as well.... U2.

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    At least somebody is being serious, have to agree the Smiths made the eighties bearable
    Jesus, I had no idea that the 80's were that bad

I was too busy making a fortune and then losing it again, didn't have much time to worry about the er..... entertainment business.

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Jesus, I had no idea that the 80's were that bad

I was too busy making a fortune and then losing it again, didn't have much time to worry about the er..... entertainment business.
    If you were a teenager The Smiths were a top band in the 80's

Main System
    FLAC -> Synology DS413j NAS -> SB Touch -> CA DacMagic -> Icon Audeo Sterio 40i -> LV Auditorium

Office System
    FLAC -> Ubuntu server running LMS -> SB3 -> Kenwood Amp (from the 80's) -> Mordaunt-Short MS.3.40

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpton_Rioter View Post
    If you were a teenager The Smiths were a top band in the 80's
    Teenager??? I'm not sure I remember what one of them is

I'm Graham.

I am getting to that stage as well

to getting older

Main System

Office System

MartinT Guest

I think this thread has demonstrated, more than anything, how highly personal musical choice is.

Long may it continue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast