+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists You Wouldn't Give House-Room To

I'm Gone.

I'm surprised Jamie Cullum's name hasn't cropped up by now. Oops, I guess it just has

I'm Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdowns View Post
    and what's wrong with Phil Collins and Paul McCartney??
    more like whats right with them

Main System
    FLAC -> Synology DS413j NAS -> SB Touch -> CA DacMagic -> Icon Audeo Sterio 40i -> LV Auditorium

Office System
    FLAC -> Ubuntu server running LMS -> SB3 -> Kenwood Amp (from the 80's) -> Mordaunt-Short MS.3.40

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Have to call you up on that one, Kevin. Can you really listen to Suspicious Minds and not think it's a truly epic song?

Hi MartinT. I can't fault the music Elvis sang or his ability to sing. I just don't like his voice, the way Christopher doesn't like Katherine Jenkins' voice (I like her voice again.) I try not to criticise singers and their songs as I am tone deaf and can't play a musical instrument - but I do know what sets my teeth on edge, and will say so.
    Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence--those are the three pillars of Western prosperity. —Aldous Huxley

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    The smiths by the way are one of the best bands ever...Fact.
    Nope - opinion

And mine is that I would rather dip my willy in boiling water (OK I know I've used that before but its pertinent) than listen to the Smiths and especially old misery guts. Life is depressing enough without him in it.

I'm Paul.

The smiths by the way are one of the best bands ever...Fact.
    Nope have to disagree. They are total crap!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Coldplay have written some excellent songs. Their recordings, however, are truly the absolute pits with appalling SQ.
    More my thought!
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm stu.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Nope - opinion

Life is depressing enough without him in it.
    A comman comment,his lyrics can can be very lighthearted and funny.
    Most people who say about them being a depressive group usually like the blues..
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Nodrog.

A comman comment,his lyrics can can be very lighthearted and funny.
    Most people who say about them being a depressive group usually like the blues..
    But some blues can actually be quite tuneful. Perhaps if he smiled a bit when singing these lighthearted and funny lyrics, some of us may find a way to believe it worth trying to find some music in there

Basically, they just bore me to tears. Funny old world ain't it?

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    Perhaps if he smiled a bit when singing these lighthearted and funny lyrics, some of us may find a way to believe it worth trying to find some music in there
    Oh so that's what Morissey was doing, SINGING!!! I thought he was in pain, poor chap...

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Oh so that's what Morissey was doing, SINGING!!! I thought he was in pain, poor chap...
    ... Morissey takes the bisket... possibly one of the most over confident BAD singers I have ever come across... he really shouldn't be that confident!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast