+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Gromit's music centre...

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes it would have been interesting.

I agree with everything you say about them and I won't part with mine either. The foam surrounding the tweeters has started to go on mine but everything else is sound.

I recall when the replacement version came out Proac had killed what was excellent with the version you and I have. The Mini Tower, Super Tower and EBT are also very good, from in and around the same time period.

Regards Neil
    Agreed Neil - it seemed ProAc, in their 'wisdom' got obsessive about making the Tablettes larger and larger, and ended up with a speaker that was totally alien to the original and completely lost the plot. Then they went back to the original dimensions with the Ref 8.

Yup, the tweeter foam on one of mine has gone (I ended up removing it all when it became an eyesore) and the other is just about hanging in there. ProAc will sell you a new foam for something like £40 - each. A brand new Scanspeak D2010 tweeter only costs around 50 quid.

Not heard the Towers, unfortunately.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Buffet-blower.

Having fun with my new ultra-wide...

Richard.

Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

MartinT Guest

I think you and Mika are in competition!

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I think you and Mika are in competition!

I think we both just enjoy taking photographs.

Richard.

I'm Shane.

Gromit,

I still own the lovely Grado SR80 headphones. Do you know some headphone amps that works well with the SR80? I listen to all types of music

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Gromit,

I still own the lovely Grado SR80 headphones. Do you know some headphone amps that works well with the SR80? I listen to all types of music
    I just use mine off my Sony amp - they sound fine, although living where we are now I don't use headphones much at all now. Maybe best to start a separate thread for suggestions?
    Richard.

I'm Mika.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    I think we both just enjoy taking photographs.
    Yes the defect doesn't have to be big when it's between the ears
    Loricraft / Garrard / SME / Transfiguration / Dynavector / Ensemble / Auditorium 23 / Shindo / RA / Audio Note / Duelund / Altec

MartinT Guest

Well, I applaud you both for your wonderful photography. Please keep posting more!

MartinT Guest

Richard, I heard your Techie at the Scalford-before-last show. How do you find the Pioneer in comparison?

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Richard, I heard your Techie at the Scalford-before-last show. How do you find the Pioneer in comparison?
    Hard to say, Martin. It was a fair while ago. My Tecchy wasn't overly modded (TS HE psu/Vantage bearing & feet/KAB damper/Sumiko shell/Achromat) but I do seem to remember the Pioneer was on a similar level. The deck that beat both of them though was the Sony PS-6750. Doing a very brief comparison on the day, everyone else in the room came to the same conclusion, in fact it was a major and unexpected eye-opener. Should add the Sony wasn't even set up optimally - the cartridge was just balanced out, no re-alignment at all. Shame it had an earthing problem which I fixed on getting the deck home.

If a good 6750 came up now I'd sell the PL71 in a heartbeat.
    Richard.

+ Reply to Thread