+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1328

Thread: Beresford Bushmaster DAC Reviews

I'm Steven.

Yamaha - Pioneer - Bluesound - Squeezebox - Beresford - Chario - MJ Acoustics - iBasso

Yamaha RX-V1300 * Bluesound Node 2 * Pioneer DV-656A SACD/DVDA * Squeezebox Touch + BotW linear psu + SBooster * Bushmaster Mk2 + Beresford Dorado * Beresford Capella * Chario Syntar 200T (front) + Chario Syntar 200 (rear) + Chario Syntar Dialoque (center) * MJ Acoustics Pro50 (sub) * LG OLED 55C8 * iBasso D2+ * beyerdynamic DT990/250 * Belkin AV 53001 speaker cables * Mark Grant G1000HD ic * Silver High Breed ic * Mike Homar WBT'ed digital coax * Beresford TRC-222 digital coax * Supra USB * Beresford TC 3618 toslink

Steven

I'm Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fi-Wi View Post
    Thought the question must have asked before!!

I'm Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by highstream View Post
    Not provocative, just not helpful - you could have spoken to my initial post's question about switching (or didn't you bother to read what the discussion was about?). The repeated phrase about opinions is pure cynicism - and not very self reflective: what about your opinions, should Stan treat them like another a-h*** too? I wish Stan had the confidence in his product and humility about his work to let it speak for itself. He could then answer factual questions and comments about product ideas and problems, and leave the opinions to open discussion by the other participants. While I don't think there's a clique atmosphere here, in part exemplified by people calling him out, his bullying behavior is that of which cliques (and cults) are commonly forged (as well as not being very good salesmanship).
    No offence Gene, but it seems to me that you want a guarantee that the Bushmaster will be exactly what you expect it to be. You've been given positive opinions from others here who own and use one (some warts and all) and effectively tossed them aside because you don't want to trust their judgement. Get over it! Buy one and try it or move on...
    Bernie.

I'm george.

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    No offence Gene, but it seems to me that you want a guarantee that the Bushmaster will be exactly what you expect it to be. You've been given positive opinions from others here who own and use one (some warts and all) and effectively tossed them aside because you don't want to trust their judgement. Get over it! Buy one and try it or move on...
    ++1

I'm rex.

to Canetoad and Seoirse2002 - Such insightful observations - so very apt for this discussion. You can lead the horse to water but cannot make it drink from it, or words to that effect. You have hit the nail right on the head. Hurray!!!

Rex

I'm Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    A post yesterday favorable to the sound of the 7530 finds it very poor in handling input switching, unlike a previous Beresford model. So, you want me "get over it" and buy a device from 5000 miles away that apparently doesn't even meet my first criteria! I could say something nasty here, but I suspect you just don't recall.

I make no apologies for asking a few questions key to my ears and experience, and for being a sensitive reader and listener. That means paying attention to what's said, what's not said, how it's said (terminology), who's saying it (including what else they say), and what the comparisons are. And in the case of this Beresford forum, I thankfully get to read the comments of the developer. His bullying, ignorant, demagogic posts alone are a *sure* indicator that he doesn't want the substantive choices and compromises he made mentioned, discussed or analyzed publicly, at least not in this forum. And yet those go to the heart of the matter when looking at units on the lower price end of the market, especially sight unseen. So, whatever the sound of the BM - and reading on and between the lines I suspect it's on the cool or dry or "clinical" side, which is not my taste - a little maturity and experience teach that the best way to "get over" someone like that is to steer clear. After all, there are decent alternatives out there.

Time to move on. Thanks for all the considered thoughts. If you have any other "Dac for TV" ideas, please head over to my thread at http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...621#post443621.

Gene

MartinT Guest

You're out of order, Gene, on several fronts. Firstly, on the sound of the Bushmaster, we've given you enough real-life experience to surely draw a better conclusion than "it's on the cool or dry or clinical side". That is NOT what the BM does when you feed it a good quality source (not with iTunes or mp3 sourced crap).

Secondly, the BM is an inexpensive device - in fact it's damned cheap. Do you think that many of us had a listen first? No, we took a flyer on it (some of us knowing how good the Caiman was) on the basis that it would hardly be the end of the world had it proven pants, and you could resell it and gain a substantive part of the cost back. So taking a flyer, after all the feedback you've been given, seems the best thing to do. Your distance is irrelevant, we've nearly all ordered it and received it by distance selling no matter where we live. I have done likewise with American components.

Thirdly, you should try reading what Stan has been saying: providing direct forum-based support is highly brave and unusual and only a few vendors do it (PS Audio in your country are another excellent example) and all who do it experience a great number of critical and fickle customers who don't know when feedback turns into downright inappropriate levels of expectation. As a customer, I have found Stan very open to feedback because I have kept my dealings with him on an appropriate level of expectation and, frankly, I have been polite.

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Firstly, on the sound of the Bushmaster, we've given you enough real-life experience to surely draw a better conclusion than "it's on the cool or dry or clinical side". That is NOT what the BM does when you feed it a good quality source (not with iTunes or mp3 sourced crap).
    The Bushmaster was fed with the same high quality digital front end and high quality files as all of the other DACs during my review/shootout, so my own personal perception of slight dryness shouldn't be attributed to a crap system or crap files.
    ••• Logitech Squeezebox Touch > audio-gd NFB3(2014) w/ E9018 > fully recapped/restored Sansui AU-X701 and AU-719 > a healthy sprinkling of expectation bias > PMC GB1i speakers > Aurealis and Audio Principe cables •••

I'm rex.

Quoting from Highstream's Post: A post yesterday favorable to the sound of the 7530 finds it very poor in handling input switching, unlike a previous Beresford model. So, you want me "get over it" and buy a device from 5000 miles away that apparently doesn't even meet my first criteria! I could say something nasty here, but I suspect you just don't recall.

I make no apologies for asking a few questions key to my ears and experience, and for being a sensitive reader and listener. That means paying attention to what's said, what's not said, how it's said (terminology), who's saying it (including what else they say), and what the comparisons are. And in the case of this Beresford forum, I thankfully get to read the comments of the developer. His bullying, ignorant, demagogic posts alone are a *sure* indicator that he doesn't want the substantive choices and compromises he made mentioned, discussed or analyzed publicly, at least not in this forum. And yet those go to the heart of the matter when looking at units on the lower price end of the market, especially sight unseen. So, whatever the sound of the BM - and reading on and between the lines I suspect it's on the cool or dry or "clinical" side, which is not my taste - a little maturity and experience teach that the best way to "get over" someone like that is to steer clear. After all, there are decent alternatives out there.

Come on folks, you gotta agree that this is the BEST, UNBIASED REVIEW of stereo equipment that the reviewer NEVER had. What better way to review a piece of audio gear than never SEEING it in the first place (lest that pretty faceplate pray tricks on your mind), and of course, One must NEVER listen to it (lest the ear be fooled by the sweet sound of its siren song).

The big BONUS here, on top of the above, is a complete review not only of the unit itself , but a COMPLETE REVIEW of the designer/manufacturer himself, containing descriptive, insightful, well chosen words such as "bullying, ignorant, demagogic".

This is a FIRST in the annals of Equipment Reviews. How can the likes of Stereophile, the Absolute Sound, Hi-Fi Choice and other stereo rags TOP this. They have been out-Scooped. I believe we have just seen the start of something new. A pinnacle achievement in this day and age. The dawn of a new day in equipment reviews - or to put it more simply - Unbiased Stereo Equipment Reviews without the equipment, plus a candid review of the manufacturer himself. You've seen and read about it here first folks - on the AOS Forum. Now, TOP that Stereophile. I remain (tongue in cheek, cynical and hysterically yours).

Rex
    (PS: I'm sure I'll be getting some flak for writing this, but I just couldn't resist - I'll rely on the old standard journalistic excuse when writings like this are flagged -The devil made me do it). Enjoy and hope your get a good laugh out of it as I did.

Hysterically yours,

Rex

synsei Guest

Talk about losing the plot...

GOD: "AND WHAT IS THIS STANLEY???"

Stanley: "It is a Golden DAC your eminence..."

GOD: "AND WHY HAVE YOU BUILT SUCH A THING WHEN I HAVE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN THE BUILDING OF SUCH IDOLS FOR UNDER ONE THOUSAND POUNDS"

Stanley: Because the people wanted to be reminded of your magnificence your worship, and besides, my sado-masochistic side requires that I be fed a strict diet of cynical questions about how it can be so good for so little, and whether it knows what is outside the box ...and how many ...in perpetuity

Stanley: I've cocked up haven't I?

GOD: STANLEY, GO AND STAND IN THAT BURNING BUSH AND MARVEL AT THE SOUNDS OF CHOIRS OF ANGELS PUMMELLING YOU WITH BLISS IN PURE LOSSLESS AUDIO (24BIT/192KHZ) WHILE YOU ATONE FOR YOUR SINS...

+ Reply to Thread