+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB: Celestion Ditton 33 or 44

I'm Felipe.

Thanks for the feedback, I also have a chance of getting some Ditton 25's for 100€, so I'm torned between them.

What do you guys reckon?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by RochaCullen View Post
    Hi Filipe,

I was worried about the same thing, that it might overwhelm a room that is not very large. I don't know the exact dimensions of the room I am in, I imagine its something like 10 feet by 16 feet, maybe less. The 44s sit so well in the room. They are not brash and in your face, you just feel part of the sound, the overall range is improved with a more developed bottom end.

I am listening to Some Kind of Blue on vinyl as I type this, and I don't feel I've lost anything in the mid range compared with the 22s. My feet have been tapping since I plugged them in.

I am very happy.
    Great stuff, Nathan! I'd love to hear these and the Cantatas along side each other.

Will be in touch,

Cheers,
    TD

I'm andy.

Hi TD,

May i chip in to get you to do a 'must hear' at Nathan's, though the sourcing of the alien tweeters was forced,
    i feel it was well worthwhile and think it was at least as good if not better then the fragile original HF2000,
    i can only describe what i heard in my system (Meridian) and my room, which was fantastic clarity, smooth, refined,
    detailed without being clinical and a naturalness that was so beguiling,i loved it so much i wanted to get a reality check by pressing my Chatsworth's back in action,
    and i didn't miss them as much as i thought i would, thats how highly i rate these 44's, infact in my Emails to Nathan,
    i gave him the option of taking my Tannoy's albeit at 10x the price but it was too soon for him, one for the future,
    long wait i'd say if he can get them working well in his office and i suspect he will.

wii.
    Frank...made me do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123