+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Iconoclast Cometh...

I'm Noonian.

Default The Iconoclast Cometh...

Audio snobs -Hear my name and tremble!

I am come become sense, the destroyer of audiophilia!

I love good music. I enjoy hearing good music being reproduced through a simple, quality system.

I do not believe in the audiophile myth that inexpensive = low quality. Over the last 60+ years all forms of electronic systems (TV's, radios, computers etc) have gotten smaller & cheaper and have all the while increased in the quality of the end result. So why is this not considered to be the case when it comes to music reproduction? Why MUST a good Hi-Fi system cost £1000s?

Simple answer: Unscrupulous marketing & snobbery.

Not to say that the search for the ultimate sound cant be an enjoyable pastime/passion/obsession in itself, as long as you don't forget to listen to the music once in a while, and not just to the sound of your system.

I myself am a tweaker. I tweak therefore I am. I enjoy experimenting with stuff. Whether or not it yields a change/improvement -I like to play.

Current system:
    Custom built media centre running windows 7 Home Prem
    Flac files ripped using DBPoweramp played using JRiver in WASAPI Event Style.
    HOT AUDIO USB DAC WOW http://www.hotaudio.com/store/
    Topping TP20 Tripath 2020 Amp (Formally Pioneer 300r Precision which was stolen from me by some conscienceless Indian giver)
    B&W 601 S2 Bookself speakers on stands.

Perceived improvements are often just that -perceived by our highly subjective nature. "Improvements" are often just variations of "different".

END OF LINE.

synsei Guest

Greetings program and welcome to the game grid... Er, I mean AoS...

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by FromHellsHeartIStabAtThee View Post
    Audio snobs -Hear my name and tremble!

I am come become sense, the destroyer of audiophilia!

I love good music. I enjoy hearing good music being reproduced through a simple, quality system.

I do not believe in the audiophile myth that inexpensive = low quality. Over the last 60+ years all forms of electronic systems (TV's, radios, computers etc) have gotten smaller & cheaper and have all the while increased in the quality of the end result. So why is this not considered to be the case when it comes to music reproduction? Why MUST a good Hi-Fi system cost £1000s?

Simple answer: Unscrupulous marketing & snobbery.

Not to say that the search for the ultimate sound cant be an enjoyable pastime/passion/obsession in itself, as long as you don't forget to listen to the music once in a while, and not just to the sound of your system.

I myself am a tweaker. I tweak therefore I am. I enjoy experimenting with stuff. Whether or not it yields a change/improvement -I like to play.

Current system:
    Custom built media centre running windows 7 Home Prem
    Flac files ripped using DBPoweramp played using JRiver in WASAPI Event Style.
    HOT AUDIO USB DAC WOW http://www.hotaudio.com/store/
    Topping TP20 Tripath 2020 Amp (Formally Pioneer 300r Precision which was stolen from me by some conscienceless Indian giver)
    B&W 601 S2 Bookself speakers on stands.

Perceived improvements are often just that -perceived by our highly subjective nature. "Improvements" are often just variations of "different".

END OF LINE.
    WOW.... not a bad introduction from a Daniel Bedingfield lookalike! I do resent the Indian Giver name... even though it's true..

I'm fuckoff.

Hello and welcome.

One mans different may be anothers improvement; the circular argument of the opinion.

I'm Noonian.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Greetings program and welcome to the game grid... Er, I mean AoS...
    Excellent! I do like it when obscure film references get noticed.

You are indeed a person of considerable taste

I'm Noonian.

Quote Originally Posted by glenann View Post
    WOW.... not a bad introduction from a Daniel Bedingfield lookalike! I do resent the Indian Giver name... even though it's true..
    Die

I'm Noonian.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    One mans different may be anothers improvement; the circular argument of the opinion.
    Indeed

I'm Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by FromHellsHeartIStabAtThee View Post
    Die
    Charming...

synsei Guest

I'm Noonian.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post

Why does nothing make me feel like this once did

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast