+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epiphany acoustics portable headphone amp

I'm graham.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    weeteecee,
    Take a look at the HA10 amp offered by custom.hifi.cables.co.uk. They are about to go into production and I know 2 members here (one being me ) and one professional musician on another forum, who have auditioned the prototypes and been impressed with them enough for 2 of the 3 to buy the prototypes. They may not be in production for a month or so but get your name high on the list .
    Other than as a very satisfied customer I have no connection with the seller.
    Dave.
    the domain custom.hifi.cables.co.uk is a placeholder listing. You may want to look at that.

I'm Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by northwest View Post
    the domain custom.hifi.cables.co.uk is a placeholder listing. You may want to look at that.
    Sorry guys, got my dots where my dashes should be - never was very good a morse code when I was in the Scouts . Instead, please see here: -

http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/

Sorry for the confusion,
    Dave.
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm Stu.

I'm using/testing an 02 at the moment and initial findings would suggest that it is a very capable headphone amp for the dosh. I'm using Grado 325is 'phones and it certainly seems to do the business sonically. All my listening has been done indoors and on proper hifi rather than on an iPod or similar.
    When it arrived I gave it to youngest son (14) who does pretty much all his listening on headphones and an iPod Touch and he was very impressed -though didn't go much further than "it's great".
    My only comment so far would be that it's actually not that tiny - certainly purposeful, but not tiny. If I had an iPod and used it out of doors i'd be tempted to stick some velcro on the back of the amp and the i'pod and join the two together in piggy back style.

Should add i did Olivers website so could be seen to have an interest...
    Hifi Pig snoofling out what's hot in hifi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12