+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new TC7520 Passive/Gator Project

Default A new TC7520 Passive/Gator Project

Hi,
    I have a modified TC-7520, with Wolfson dac-chip, Oscon decoupling capacitors in digital area.
    I am listening with passive output via two 15uF Obbligato Premium Capacitors. The Passive Output has two filters (low and high) according to WM8741 datasheet.
    The 12V Power Supply feeding by Salas SSLV 1.1 and the digital 5V by a Murata Power Reg.
    I have tried and the opposite, 12V by a LM317 circuit and 5V by a Salas SSLV 1.1

I love the sound of my dac with Salas Shunt Regulators.

The previous my new case project has small area for the two independent Salas Power Supplies.
    For this reason, I am thinking now to change the case again, to something bigger for the two Salas Power Supplies. I am thinking also, to put a double output, Passive and Gator (changing by a switch).

Because I have not the circuit diagram, I would be grateful if someone could explain me what the exact Gator voltage requirements, and other non-digital circuit voltage (except the digital part of 5 volts for dac-chip & receiver that I know).
    O2media PVR + Beresford 7520 DAC (Caiman mods)
    Input Selector and Digital Buffered Volume with ΒΒ PGA2311
    Aaron No3. Millennium (final amp), Musical Fidelity A1 10th Anniversary
    Monitor Audio Silver RS6

Manolis.

The Gator works on 10 or 12V on the transistor side connector, and 12 or 15V on the opamp connector.

Thanks for the reply Stan.
    The important part of Gator for my project is the discrete stage output and not the opamp (variable and phones). Then a 12V power stage is most appropriate for the project.
    Except the gator pcb and the digital stage (dac-chip and receiver) that feeds by 5V, is there any part of circuit that needs 12V?

I am thinking to remove the 7810 and put the 12V to their legs.
    Also, the gator output (fixed output), how much Vrms are?
    O2media PVR + Beresford 7520 DAC (Caiman mods)
    Input Selector and Digital Buffered Volume with ΒΒ PGA2311
    Aaron No3. Millennium (final amp), Musical Fidelity A1 10th Anniversary
    Monitor Audio Silver RS6

Manolis.

+ Reply to Thread