+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where do you get your Digital Music from?

I'm Dave.

I don't condone copying tracks. However, when we lived in the US (now a long time back), my daughter and all her friends used to buy tapes and CDs, and then copy them for each other - usually onto tape.

This would be seen by the music industry as a loss of revenue. The reality was that most of the kids had a limited amount of pocket money, and spent a significant proportion of that on the music they bought. There was no real question of it being a loss - as there was never the money to support buying all the CDs and tapes in the first place, but the kids maximised their buying power by this process, and got to hear music which they liked.

The situation now may be worse, as there are now many young people who really do think it's OK never to pay for any of this stuff.
    Dave

I'm Claire.

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere and might not be to everyone's taste...i've bought electronic/dance music from addictech: http://www.addictech.com/ based in USA. You get the option to buy MP3, FLAC, WAV, Vinyl and CD. I recently purchased a Tipper CD, it arrived within a week and in the meantime I was able to download a FLAC version for free.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234