+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blind Ripping & Storage

I'm Steve.

I have just under a terabyte of music coded as Flac. It amounts to around 27 000 tracks. I mostly play entire albums but am prone to hitting the random button now and then if I am working about the house. Odd to hear so much stuff I haven't heard in years in different rooms lol.
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I always play the full album, random play drives me nuts to be honest. I have a mate who plays nothing but random in his car, half the time he cannot even tell you what's playing and never gets to learn an album.... I just don't understand playing random tracks, makes no sense to me

The only time I would entertain anything approaching random, is a playlist for a dinner party but TBH that never lasts either, as we always seem to go off at a tangent and play selections.... but when listening by myself, it's the whole thing or nowt!

But I would be interested to know how others tackle the problem of too many ripped tracks and not enough time to ever listen to each ripped track.
    Well it's probably never going to happen in my case - I reckon I possess albums I will probably never play again, but I'm not going to worry about it. Mind you, I retire in a couple of years and I plan to make a good effort at playing everything I own at least once more
    Last edited by Tim; 25-12-2011 at 15:07.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12