+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG - DREAM THEATER - A Dramatic turn of Events

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Opps getting confussed with the awful Octverian
    Octovarium wasnt bad, just not there best! I saw DT at hammersmith Odeon and John Petrucci did a complete note perfect guitar solo of Flight of the wounded bumblebee, it just blew me away. As for Mike Pourtney, I think he may return. If DT are this good with a new drummer, who knows what they will be like when the new ones bedded in. I must say I'm a little mixed. Mike Pourtney has to be the best prog drummer but the new guy is F'kin excellent
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm ILOB.

Without Mike they would be no Dream Theater it was him that kept the band focused in those dark days
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

The band Mike's in now, Adrenaline Mob, is pretty kick - - - , if you like just straight, balls out old school metal.

Mike Mangini, is quite a storied drummer. His resume is long and impressive. Quite simply, he is a true drum monster. But, Portnoy was definitely the personality of DT. As a fan, I'll continue to buy the music; but, a bit less likely to go see them as an essential element of "the show" will forever be missing without MP. Case in point, MP showed up at the last G3 show I attended (Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci). Now, mind you, this is a "guitar show" full to the brim with guitar players. The place went freakin' nuts when Mike Portnoy walked out on stage! He hadn't even took his place behind the kit yet.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12