+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Most you have paid for a record?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Ouch, about £150 for a CD album Then again with only 500 of them worldwide & looking at the prices on Discogs for a mint copy i didn't do too badly

Lets just say that i'm happy & the CD was worth it I'm worth it to...Loreal anyone
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm openingabottleofwine.

£25 for a vinyl copy of John Fahey - 'Blind Joe Death' (which is not pristine and is missing the booklet relating the tale of Blind Joe Death. )

and £25 for a near mint American vinyl pressing of Janis Ian - 'Society's Child'

(similar, but not identical to the LP sleeve)

Bought for a friend of mine, who gave it back to me, once he had the CD version! (I already had a cheap Rolf Harris 'wobble board' vinyl pressing - bought in Holland.)
    Barry

I'm Chad.

$60 for a first pressing Pestilence record is the highest I've gone. I'd still be stoked about that Fahey record, Barry, insert or not. Beyond just getting the CD versions off Amazon I've never found any of his vinyl anywhere.

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

£55 ($90) Stereolab Aluminum Tunes ltd. ed. box set with 3 colored vinyls, colored 7" vinyl and t-shirt (I'd wear it; but, I can't fit in it; just wouldn't be a pretty sight). I probably over-paid for it; impulse buy. I figured I'd never see it in a store again. I was spot on with that assumption. I love the band's music, though and would never sell it.

The LP I really want; however, comes up on fleecebay every so often. I won't say what it is; but, it routinely goes for over £183 ($300). I have not been willing to pull the trigger on that. It's crazy money to me especially when hard to find lp's are being reissued by the boat load these days. With my luck, I'd purchase it on auction and the next day it would go for £8 as a reissue. I can deal with slightly less fidelity for a reissue if I can save £175!!!
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234