+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: SL-1200 Platters, bearings, mats and PSU's, cartridges, arms, and more...

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Salim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_New View Post
    <snip>I have also worked with direct drive motors when working with Crossfield Electronics on the development of ultra high resolution optical scanners. for colour separation. Which endeavors first brought me out to the colonies as a senior systems engineering consultant in the early 60s.
    Me too - started at Hemel Hempstead in 1984 left in 1996! Jim Salmon was the big fish back then.

Great place to work, first in Lasergravure later on Studio 9500, those were the days

Finchlean

Mike_New Guest

Yes they were, I travelled all over the world for them, and finished up here in OZ.

My days at JFC started in the early 60s with valves, (they were in Elthorne Road then) on a super machine called the Scanatron, which pioneered colour correction in the printing industry before the take-up of transistors and the developement of the drum scanners. I then moved into the cutting edge side of computerised typesetting, using compaction coded digitised fonts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112