Closed Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mike New Technics bearing

Mike_New Guest

Chivas,
    Do not be concerned on my behalf although I appreciate it; about what Cawley is trying to do to me, his vindictiveness knows no bounds. A study of my emails shows that he probably had about three to four units in stock when he quickly discovered that I had no intention of bowing to his will!!! He no doubt will continue his silly games on Ebay until eventually he gets tired of it. To a large extent it is providing me with free advertising, as I am receiving an increased number of requests for delivery dates and orders, on both bearings and Platters. When you buy the bearing from Cawley I would suggest that you request the installation instructions and see what the reaction is!!!!! Do not install the bearing without reading the installation Instructions. My offer to support all bearings still stands and can be found elsewhere on this forum.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Dave C is quite simply pissing in the wind to cover his own ass (in that he is unable to produce a high-quality bearing or platter himself after telling everyone that he could), and attempting to hoodwink his (small) band of merry men into believing that he is some sort of 'guru'.
    Marco.
    This whole 'guru' thing really does smack of the hero worship/Peter Belt thing that existed all of those years ago. I'm sure most hi-fi folk out there see this for what it really is.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Shaun,

Quite simply, the man has an ego the size of the Albert Hall, and it's a fragile one at that, which when one doesn't consider it justified or warranted to stroke or pander to it, is what makes one's relationship with Mr Cawley somewhat 'tempestuous'....

He wants to be recognised as 'da man', whereas after his latest antics he's more recognised for being 'da clown'.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The biggest ego's in fairly recent times belonged to Ivor T (Linn) and possibly the late Julian V for a while, until Ivor stomped all over it... Absolutely convinced that theirs was the only way (unless you caught Ivor off guard over dinner, but even then..). At the time, I reckon certain people at Quad were the same in an opposite direction (not Peter Walker, but one or two of his key design folk, as I suspect PW was increasingly taking a back seat then, in the late 70's).

Some of us have been around so long in this industry history is coming to repeat itself, but please don't think that AOS is the sole outlet for Techie tweaks, it's a big wide world out there...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Nope, not at all. AoS is one of many, but a somewhat significant and influential one for our size - and of course we're growing all the time (and at a pretty fast rate)!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Marco, do you know that I'm being thought of as one of your "disciples," such is your iron grip, in the same way you joked about me and a purveyor of active speakers with DAC's built in??????
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

By whom? Dodgy Dave, 'The Naked Emperor'?

Marco
    Main System

I'm Dave.

I notice that the bearings have been re-listed on E-Bay.

I'm colin.

Watched the last won go an hour ago for £102. Looked like a snipe software jobbie.

I notice that the bearings have been re-listed on E-Bay.
    As a respected member of the trade, Dave, what do you make of Cawley's disgraceful shenanigans?

PM me your thoughts if you like

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast