+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Midlands Bake-Off - any interest?

I'm Gordon.

If it's likely to be early September then I could bring the LX521 "ecosystem." I know a few of you have heard them at NEBO, but there may be some that haven't heard Seigfried Linkwitz's last hurrah.

I'll bring the analogue x-over so that analogue front ends can be hooked up to them if anyone so desires.

Gordon.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good stuff Gordon, like to hear them again.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes, I remember Ali's system being the stand out system. I couldn't believe open baffle speakers could produce the bass that Ali's did.

Again thinking about it, I complained that I had taken a fair amount of equipment up with me (2 monoblock amplifiers, a preamp, a tape deck and associated cables) but little of it was used. My mistake - whilst I was away having lunch, my gear was hooked up to Alan's Quad 57s, and by all accounts it all worked well together.
    Thanks Barry, yes they did sound good there, shame they don't work at my place. Still have them though, and will soon be moving my gear to my new wife's place, where she's allowing me to commandeer the loft as my man cave. It's the size of the entire house so a decent space to use- only thing of concern is a low ceiling but I guess I can use some room treatment if it turns out to be an issue.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

In principle I'd be up for it Martin, just depends on the date, festivals and holidays between July/Sept.

I'm Martin.

We're looking at first two weeks in September. We have 20 potentials now so I will see what I can book.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Ken.

Unfortunately I'll be in Greece.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Unfortunately I'll be in Greece.
    Well it could be worse I suppose.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123