+ Reply to Thread
Page 2974 of 2988 FirstFirst ... 19742474287429242964297229732974297529762984 ... LastLast
Results 29,731 to 29,740 of 29873

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

BEING AS IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE ALL GONE INTO 60's PSYCHEDELIC MODE, HERE'S AN ALBUM I PICKED UP RECENTLY AT A GARAGE SALE NEAR ME. THE COVER IS IN POOR SHAPE (RIPPED AND WORN) AND ALB NEEDS A GOOD CLEAN) I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET BUT IT DEFINITELY LOOKS LIKE A 60's PSYCHEDELIC BAND; ANYONE HEARD OF THESE ??
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Steve.

Well there's this, "Goodbye", and "Wheels of Fire". Are they the three? Technically, Wheels of Fire might comprise two albums, "In the Studio" (which is the one I have) and "Live at Filmore East".

I'm such a pedant when it's past my bedtime, and probably wrong too
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

yep...

Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Why, did he take out a restraining order on you? And what about Roxy's first two albums, or Bowie's 'Berlin trilogy'? Nowt wrong with them surely...
    I don't own any of them...

I've got a 'Best of' Bowie and 'Avalon', that's all.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't own any of them...

I've got a 'Best of' Bowie and 'Avalon', that's all.
    Wow, you really did say no to Eno. But you didn't manage to avoid him completely, as evidenced on your "Best of Bowie" CD. Just skip to track 4 when playing disc 2 and you'll be ok

"Please Macca give me one more chance... I've even wired my head to my body just for you"

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Well there's this, "Goodbye", and "Wheels of Fire". Are they the three? Technically, Wheels of Fire might comprise two albums, "In the Studio" (which is the one I have) and "Live at Filmore East".

I'm such a pedant when it's past my bedtime, and probably wrong too
    OK 'Wheels of Fire' is a double LP, but I consider it as the one title. I thought 'Goodbye' was a best-of, but I could be mistaken.

How many LPs did Blind Faith make? Was it only one, or was there a second?
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Us-&-Them View Post

BEING AS IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE ALL GONE INTO 60's PSYCHEDELIC MODE, HERE'S AN ALBUM I PICKED UP RECENTLY AT A GARAGE SALE NEAR ME. THE COVER IS IN POOR SHAPE (RIPPED AND WORN) AND ALB NEEDS A GOOD CLEAN) I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET BUT IT DEFINITELY LOOKS LIKE A 60's PSYCHEDELIC BAND; ANYONE HEARD OF THESE ??
    I hadn't heard of them, but I have just listened to the LP and have to say that to me they sound like a pale imitation of the Yardbirds. Had I come across them at a younger age I might have bought the record, but with the wisdom of years I wouldn't give them a second glance now.

Sorry - but thanks for bringing them to our attention.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Not a bad find though Loz - if you find you don't like it, give it a clean and stick it on Ebay. Copies in UK are thin on the ground, and ones overseas are asking pretty big money.

T'other system:

A/V:

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Not a bad find though Loz - if you find you don't like it, give it a clean and stick it on Ebay. Copies in UK are thin on the ground, and ones overseas are asking pretty big money.
    OK, thanks for that; I think it's a bit too cream crackered to be worth trying to sell. I get the feeling from Barry's comment that it probably wouldn't be worth the bother anyway but, I'll reserve judgement until I give it a listen for myself; after all, it's my opinion that matters when it comes to it.
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    OK 'Wheels of Fire' is a double LP, but I consider it as the one title. I thought 'Goodbye' was a best-of, but I could be mistaken.

How many LPs did Blind Faith make? Was it only one, or was there a second?
    I've done a bit of research (Wikipedia!) and apparently Cream released four studio albums.

This being their debut:

Followed by Disraeli Gears, Wheels of Fire (which as you say was a double), and finally Goodbye (which was part studio and part live).

And as for Blind Faith, it seems there was just the one studio album, but alternative sleeves might make it look like there were others.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread