+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio Technica cartridge upgrade

I'm Mike.

I'm using the 95EN at the minute, prefer it to the 95ML, it's a great cart, I swear it's almost as good as a Nag MP200 I had once, and which now cost 4 times as much.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Didn't realise the EN version was only good for 300 hrs, that must why my records are all sounding a bit shit atm.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Emmmm, just had a sort out of my carts, chucked the 95ml as the needle was wonky, chucked the 95en as it had way more than 300 hrs on it, and thought why buy another when I can go back to the 540ML for the same price (£180 for a stylus vs £80 for a EN stylus, only it lasts over 3 times as long), so actually cheaper. Now I had the Rigb 540ml before, but I wanted to try the regular one so got one on offer at only £205 with cart complete, from Audio Affair, same place as my speakers. What a fiddly bastard to set up though, fooming, doggo needed to 'intervene' a few times to calm me down, haha. Are there better tags to be had, because these fuckers are fiddly as hell, and don't seem to crimp up nicely, not that Ive got the right tools for that anyway, just a pair of tweezers (proper tweezers not one's you pluck eyebrows with), but how are you supposed fit anything in there after fitting anyway, there's about 3 mm of space. Fuck it, done now, first two plays sounding good. ps what are those clicky things called you count the plays with these carts ? You know, play an lp, click the windy clock, I need to start paying more attention to the hours I put on my carts, i don't fuck around, its vinyl 4 hours daily for me, that's single life for you, do what the fuck you want, has it drawbacks, I sometimes drink too much.

I'm Ian.

I recently replaced my AT-VM95SH with a..........AT-VM95SH It's a cartridge I really like so have stuck with it. At £155 from Amazon it has to be the bargain of the century - the replacement stylus is £144.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12