+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Fooked potentiometer

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    If those speakers produce a serious sound, then that is nice looking, unobtrusive system. Are they the LS3 Falcon?
    Yep, silver badge version (whatever that means) my alcoves make bass difficult to get even, they restrict me massively. It took me years to find the AN Ks, theyre sealed abd not too big, the Falcons are smaller still but have that fast bass with little over hang. They're a joy to be honest. I've messed about with so many larger speakers as I do like a bit of welly now and again, tte sub will hopefully add that ability to tune the bass in to an acceptable level without exciting the alcoves. My wife has got used to small speakers now though so also shot myself in the foot for any future tinkering
    I'd really love to try those Art Moderne 8s for sale, given what previous owners have said, they'd give me bass issues, doesn't stop me wondering though.
    Last edited by Bourney; 21-05-2023 at 08:28.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    Yep, silver badge version (whatever that means) my alcoves make bass difficult to get even, they restrict me massively. It took me years to find the AN Ks, theyre sealed abd not too big, the Falcons are smaller still but have that fast bass with little over hang. They're a joy to be honest. I've messed about with so many larger speakers as I do like a bit of welly now and again, tte sub will hopefully add that ability to tune the bass in to an acceptable level without exciting the alcoves. My wife has got used to small speakers now though so also shot myself in the foot for any future tinkering
    I'd really love to try those Art Moderne 8s for sale, given what previous owners have said, they'd give me bass issues, doesn't stop me wondering though.
    I remember having your old AN Ks and thinking how weird they sounded. They were addictive at first, I was trying to work out why the percussion was so prominent and it was of course because of the reduced bass, but they are not enough of an all round speaker for me, saying that I wouldn't mind hearing a pair in my current set up, but not at the silly prices AN want for them now. How is that sub sounding in your system, apparently I should get one too.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Auctioned my Sugden a21a on Ebay as spares or repairs, and only expected to get £200 for it, and it went for £500, lol. I listed all its faults, rough volume pot, iffy on/off button, all switches not smooth, phono stage cutting out one channel!! Well, its been a week now, and no comeback, so hopefully buyer happy, may be he just sent it straight to someone for service, tbh it probably didn't need much. Anyway enjoying A21a Sig now, all sounding pretty smooth, and it's got the 'essential' remote.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435