Quote Originally Posted by Steve Toy View Post
I think I may have misunderstood Dimitri's position on this. It looked as though his questioning the cause and effect was a suggestion that any differences between rhodium and gold connections were imagined.

I apologise for any misinterpretation on my part.
Thank you Steve, I feel much better. Indeed I have no position about the connectors' effects, as I have never tried anything myself. I was seriously considering of not commenting on any non technical-only subject, feeling that I was (obviously) failing to make my positions clear.

On the other hand, I feel the need to apologize too, and promise to be still more careful in my way of stating certain things.
I'm even more to blame, as I was conscious that Steve has been very badly treated on another forum when he commented Mark's mains. A hard experience, that I wouldn't have liked to experience myself. So, I should have known better.
Moreover, as I had already questioned myself seriously about another subject regarding cables recently, my own inecrtainties were probably too much a pressure on a similar subject.

So, my apologies, too. I think from now on, I will start another thread were we could make a list of possible alternatives and causes, instead of mixing it all up in the same thread.

EDIT: If it took too long to answer, it was solely because of several trips and exceptional work agenda. I am probably going to change employer/position so job discussions are bit "tensed" right now.