Hi folks,
I'm a hifi nut, but I'm tired of worrying about equipment blowing up or catching fire so I've drifted away from my homemade valve amps and now use stuff I can leave switched on all the time and mostly play music from my computer/s.
I suppose I have two systems, both computer driven. One in one study and the other in ...my other study. Erm....
One set sings via a lovely pair of Harbeths - sorry I can't remember the model name (K6 or something like that) and they aren't made any more. They really are beautiful but may be slightly damaged from some howling valve amps I made and couldn't fix. The amps are Bantam Gold monoblocs, one for each speaker, and they are fed from a cheap Focusrite interface out of my desktop Mac. The sound is wonderful. i made the speaker cables myself out of miles of Cat5 cable, plaited up beautifully.
My other set is similar but the speakears are active ADM9.1 by AVI - with a subwoofer.
It's great -but not as good as the Harbeths' sound.

I also have a pair of Impulse H2 speakers. These are big and lovely - and have been restored (but my wife finds them unacceptably big and unstylish and I think they'll have to go).

My amps - I've some restored old Quad valve amps, the ones they made before switching to transistors. I've got some of those, too - not such a great sound, but a very iconic look, from the seventies.
Piles of CD players, cassette decks and a minidisk deck - all unused now. I've digitised my entired CD collection to FLAC.

I'm a musician by trade. A horn player. I like all kinds of music except Andrew Lloyd Weber and Harrison Birtwistle.

I've got a couple of lovely valve amps to sell and I might be persuaded to part with the Impulse H2 monsters. They weigh a ton and are currently rolled up in bubblewrap. I'm in Beckenham, Kent.

All the best, to all...
Pip