Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
Ignoring personalities - and one in particular - I understand Tresham was sold totally to Tannoy and this included all documentation, drawings and so on. This individual wasn't with Tannoy for very long my dealer-pal tells me and, apart from a generally very good review in one of the 'Choice amp books, Tannoy quietly abandoned production a short while later I understand.

Maybe it's too much bother for Tannoy for someone to look through old files thirty five years on, but if they hold the schematics and so on, they should be willing to help surely? Maybe they've also destroyed all the old paperwork and designs for units that they didn't continue with?
Spot on, yes Tannoy's bought the brains as well as the documentation et al.

about 7 years ago, I came across a DR-1 Tresham pre amp, with no power supply...1st call = Tannoy. I spoke to customer services; Can't help you Sir point blank.
2nd Call to Schweppes (You know who): totally negative response, didn't want to know, why don't you try one of my plastic boxes with earthing problems?

There's load more, but this thread is all about re creating a power supply, and whose got the schematics...