+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Streaming System Advice and Recommendations Please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Robert.

Default Streaming System Advice and Recommendations Please

My friend and work colleague is looking to have a nice streaming system in the large open plan area of his lounge and has been drawn to this https://www.whathifi.com/advice/best...-system-ps3300

He's into his tunes and hifi and we often discuss music and gear.

He knows I'm attached to the forum and has asked I seek advice and comment on his behalf, regarding the set up he's interested in ie:

Is it a good set up ? (It does look good on paper).

Will those speakers fill the room ? would floor standers be better ? and so on....

He listens to a wide range of music - namely, soul, funk, reggae, 80's / 90's club music . Depeche Mode, Luther Vandross, George Michael, lots of classic reggae - Marley, Burning Spear.......

He's after a full, detailed, weighty sound - good bass. No thin / weedy presentation please

Room dimensions are, roughly speaking - 10.4 metres x 6.7 metres approx (see attached for exact measurements)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread