Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post

A bit baffled by this.
Listened a lot more now to the system with the Jez Buffer installed.

It's a bit subtle at first, but after a while the realisation dawns that it has taken the presentation to a whole new level of naturalness. I really enjoyed my system before, but looking back now, in comparison it was kind of electronic and artificial and flat sounding.

Tonality is richer, lusher more natural - my solid state amps are sounding more like a really good valve amp in that regard. Bass goes deeper and tauter. Images are more 3D and naturally present. Transients are faster but without the added edge that can sometimes fool you. The whole thing is more transparent with better separation of instruments from the ambient background.
Jez used the word organic to describe what he was hearing in his system coupled with a passive pre, and that is exactly the word that comes to me now.

This is easily equivalent to a major component upgrade.
I suppose this sort of component is going to be even more system dependent than others (?) but this little gadget is well worth a try, imho.
Make an orderly queue folks, no pushing or shoving... Oh and I've now designed a MkII with no capacitors in the signal path.... but one more SS device is in the signal path to allow it to do this, but should be pretty transparent.

Unfortunately prices start at double what Jerry paid as in my haste to name a competitive price for the job I hadn't thought it through properly and ended up charging only about half my normal hourly labour rate in order to stick to the price I initially quoted

Fancy cases, "boutique" parts and linear regulated supplies (I very much doubt any improvement) available but will greatly increase cost. Just ask.