I think the answer is pretty good for a speaker getting on for a pension. I have owned a pair of Rogers LS3/5a speakers for close to 40 years. At the time they were (just) affordable at £150 and suited my living arrangements (university student in small room). I bought then because they sounded closest to my aspirational speaker of the time: Quad ESL57s. Unfortunately I could neither afford nor accommodate the Quads, so the LS3/5a was a good second best.

I still have my Rogers pair which are in excellent condition and with no obvious signs of aging. However, I do not play them much anymore and would not choose to buy a new pair of the design at the current asking price. Technology has moved on and there are better ways of spending £1300 today. In the Roger's defence, it takes something like a Kef LS50 to better it at £800. If the current price of the LS3/5a were around £650 I could see it being a viable contender in today's market, though my preferences have changed and it would not be my choice today, even at that price.

Geoff