Apologies to any 103 owners that may be offended but in some circles the trusty old denon 103 has been dubbed " the rusty nail "
I bought one recently and only had a brief listen before this evening. Fortunately the Stax arm has a removeable head shell and I have four so changing carts is straightforward enough just checking vtf. My PX25 monoblocks take an hour to sound their best so Spotify was used to play some old favourites while I set up the 103. The whole set up sounded fantastic this evening and with some good recordings absolutely sublime. Roy Orbison was playing in my small room although the drummer sounded like he was 20 feet away and the room was bigger. I know some of you will be saying " I thought Roy was dead " and in reality he sadly is but he lives on through the amazing recordings he made. But how many people have heard that magic, not that many I think.
So having had a longer listen to the 103 I am very happy to keep it along with the Benz Wood SL.
I may try it with more headshell mass as I believe it likes a heavy arm please correct me if I'm wrong.