Greetings all.

I have recently acquired a beautiful example of a Nakamichi PA5-II Power Amp along with the Nakamichi CA5E-II Pre Amp (only one previous owner!). I had set it up over the weekend and was enjoying its rich sound for about 30 minutes before I needed to turn it off. Upon turning it back on again, I saw I had no power to the power amp. Upon closer inspection, I discovered the in-line fuse had blown. Upon removing the fuse I can see that its a T4A/250V type glass fuse, however I strongly suspect its not the original fuse.

My question to the group is if anyone knows what the correct fuse to use for the Nakamichi PA5-II Power Amp (UK Voltage)? Is it a T4A/250V? I have referred to the original manual and unfortunately it says rather cryptically (as it was designed to cover all regions) that should the fuse need replacing to either replace with the spare fuse originally supplied (which I don't have) or contact the local authorised service centre. I have looked across the forums and also at the service manual and have a read a host of different things. Does anyone own one/have a definitive answer?

I have ordered a pack of 10 T4A/250V spare fuses for approx £3, however as I'm sure you'll all agree it would be a pain having to replace them frequently. The amp was fully serviced last year.

Looking forward to your wisdom!