Hello to all on the forum from me, David Sharp.

I am new to this and forums in general but hi fi and music is very important to me. It has healing powers.

About me... forty-five, I'm a family man. Used to work as a graphic artist, guitar builder, carer. Now I clean part-time and starting to study part-time.

Gear wize... loved the sound of hi-fi since and early age and alwayz facinated by the glowing tuners and meters on silver and black facias. I got my first system proper in 1990: a Rotel 820AX amp, Tannoy E11 speakers, Supra cable, then Audioquest Type2 bi-wire cable, Thorens TD 166 MKVII turntable with Rega 250 arm, Rotel 865 CD players, Aiwa cassette deck (now dead) and a Technics TU-Z1 tuner.

All my gear is well looked after. I am now starting to build a system about my age. Currently musing over Armstrong amps, Wharfdale battered and blue speakers, Thorens TD150/SME for vinyl, and a tuner full of charm wired to the airwaves. Although not a gear head, I get a lot of enjoyment from what I have and like nothing better than discussing improvements and options.

Dave