Should introduce myself now as I've been visiting the forum from time to time, but unable to post !
A few of you from the WAD/WD/A.T. forums will know me already . I'm a big fan of vinyl and valve-based amplification. I was into music and HiFi from the 80's but started building my own stuff in 2002 with one of the WAD kits. After that I got very keen ( still am ) and built more ambitious amps, then phono amps and speakers . Recently I've been putting together a 'final' speaker system ( horn/OB hybrid ) that has taken years and down a lot of blind alleys !

I play about 90% vinyl in the home system . I have a collection of about 1000 LP's . Most of it dates from about 1965 to 1985 , the 'core' material being psychedelic, late 60's-early 70's rock, 60's jazz, singer-songwriter and early 80's post-punk .

For the gear-freaks my system looks something like this at the moment : Denon 103R on Mayware formula IV on Nottingham Hyperspace driven by Verus rim-drive pod. Tribute step-ups into home built no-feedback D3a>D3a phono ; power amp SE KR300BXLS's driven by direct-heated 4P1L pentode drivers ; output transformers by Bud Purvine. Speakers OB bass/mid ( perspex baffle ) using Supravox 285GMF and Fostex 208Ez ; to be completed with Radian 745Be/Neo compression driver on Azurahorn above ( from ~800Hz) when I get the construction finished and two channels of bi-amping done ! Standby speakers ( often in the system on one side or other ) are 'Ariel' by Lynn Olson .